LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

John Miller (Business Strategist)     08 June 2021

How can i close an llp myself?

How can I close an LLP myself? It was just registered, never operational.

Learning

3 Replies

LegalWizin (Online Legal Service)     08 June 2021

One can close LLP by himself but it is advisable to take a help of professionals as the process is not as simple as it seems. Following are some points which should be considered before processing for closure.

• Filing of annual compliances forms with MCA

• Filing of IT return

• Closure of bank account in the name of LLP if any

• CA certified Statement of Accounts

• Preparing all necessary documents as required for filing the form with MCA.

Discuss about the requirements and get help on to close an LLP from LegalWiz.in experts.

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     08 June 2021

Better to seeking advice from local professionals as suggested by the learned friend

Vasundhara Singh (Student)     10 June 2021

Hello!  

If you want to close LLP whether it is working or not, you have to can make an application to the Registrar of Companies for declaring the company as defunct and removing the name of the LLP from its register of LLP. Following is the procedure that has to be followed.  

An application is made to the registrar for striking of the name of LLP from the register under Rule 37 of LLP Rules 2008 with the consent of all partners.  

Registrar then publishes a notice on its website of one month for the notice of the general public.  

Application submitted should be supported by indemnity bonds to indemnify any person legally claiming after the LLP. The application should also be supported by an approval or non-objection certificate from the authorities with which the LLP is registered.  

The registrar when he has sufficient grounds to believe that the LLP has assets and liabilities shall satisfy himself that proper provisions are made for the realization of all the amount due to the LLP and liabilities and obligations are discharged within a reasonable time.  

On the expiry of one month from the date of application, the registrar shall strike off the name of LLP from its register and publish notice of the same in the official gazette and after the publication, LLP stands dissolved.  

Best regards  

Vasundhara Singh  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register