Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     19 February 2011

How can anyone prove that streedhan is in matrimonial home?

I have read many times that when an estranged wife wants her streedhan back from inlaws+husband,she has to "PROVE" it is lying with them.

It is a very big pressure  on her to "prove" it.

During marriage,she will never assume she will have to undergo any separation.

Otherwise she would have been "collecting proofs" that her streedhan and other belongings are going into the cupboards of her inlaws & matrimonial home.

And,if,for example,she left her matrimonial home for a holiday,she will never assume that she will not be allowed to return to her matrimonial home.Otherwise she would have recorded everything on camera/audio,that she has all these belongings in matrimonial home only.

So why does the judiciary expect her to have ready "proofs" that these things are lying in cupboards of inlaws and matrimonial home?

Isn't it too much to ask from her,when she is already undergoing a trauma?

If by chance she can't prove,that means she cannot get these things back.Right?

Streedhan,which is a girl's property,is ultimately never returned to her,or it is returned in incomplete nos. or in very bad condition,which is grave injustice!

So, isn't there any other way to find out that these things are with inlaws/matrimonial home only?

Learning

25 Replies

Ambika (NA)     19 February 2011

Take a locker and keep the jewels in there. It should be in the woman's name, The solution is simple. Gift a locker to the daughter along with the jewels. Why women have to keep jewels in cupboards at home, I ever wonder. 

This would save good purpose for both husband and wife both. 

(Guest)

I read Roshni's post.

She is not asking how to secure the streedhan after marriage..

She is asking how to "prove" that the streedhan and other personal belongings like her clothes,books,utensils,etc are in matrimonial home or with her inlaws,so that she can get all these back lawfully.

What's in a name (Director )     19 February 2011

Very difficult to prove, no easy solutions. No neat way of proving it, unless you have taken a receipt from your in laws or husband that your jewels are in your or thier cupboards. 

In spite of the fact that Ambika's post does not relate directly to Roshni 's, it 's worth taking note of what she/he  has written. Why women should leave thier jewels in the cupboards to give space to such misunderstandings. Some women also misuse these cupboard stories. 

Hence I find value in Ambika's suggestions. It would remove future trauma for both wife and husband.

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     19 February 2011

Originally posted by :What's in a name
"
'Why women should leave thier jewels in the cupboards to give space to such misunderstandings. Some women also misuse these cupboard stories. 

"

Few months back I had started a thread "how to secure streedhan after marriage",where many suggestions were given.So is there any need for me to post the same query again?

Now my question is very different,but it's being misunderstood.Hence i am FORCED to type again.

When i said "streedhan is in cupboards of matrimonial home",it also meant belongings such as clothes,footwear,books,furniture,and other personal accessories of the girl.

I hope u understand that these personal belongings are not kept in bank lockers,but in cupboards.That is why i used  the word "cupboards".Of course,jewels are in "lockers".But some MILs are fond of keeping bahu's jewels in their own personal cupboards.

Now i expect to get proper responses by those who have understood my query v.well,so that i am not forced to type again and again.

So,here goes my query again...

When an estranged wife wants her streedhan back from inlaws+husband,she has to "PROVE" it is lying with them.

It is a very big pressure  on her to "prove" it.

During marriage,she will never assume she will have to undergo any separation.

Otherwise she would have been "collecting proofs" that her streedhan and other belongings are going into the cupboards of her inlaws & matrimonial home.

And,if,for example,she left her matrimonial home for a holiday,she will never assume that she will not be allowed to return to her matrimonial home.Otherwise she would have recorded everything on camera/audio,that she has all these belongings in matrimonial home only.

So why does the judiciary expect her to have ready "proofs" that these things are lying in cupboards of inlaws and matrimonial home?

Isn't it too much to ask from her,when she is already undergoing a trauma?

If by chance she can't prove,that means she cannot get these things back.Right?

Streedhan,which is a girl's property,is ultimately never returned to her,or it is returned in incomplete nos. or in very bad condition,which is grave injustice!

So, isn't there any other way to find out that these things are with inlaws/matrimonial home only?

var addthis_config = { services_compact: 'orkut,facebook,twitter,linkedin,yahoomail,gmail,hotmail,google,googlebuzz,more' }

(Guest)

Is achhe khaase sawaal ki ek khichri ban gayi.

A khichri of irrelevant replies..

What's in a name (Director )     19 February 2011

Khichari is very good for health : a proven fact. 

The answer to your question is in my beginning few sentences. 

Why women have to go on holidays with cupboard full of jewels. Even if there is no jewels they will pretend there were loads of jewels in the cupboard. SIFF knows the reality,that is why SIFF FIXES UP THESE CUPBOARD TYPE OF WIVES.

And as far as your past queries are concenred, why readers shoud keep a reference to them?

niranjan (civil practice)     19 February 2011

I think  its a custom that alongwith daughter jewels also go alongwith her.This custom is established one and court can presume this,similarly, court  can presume that ornaments are also with inlaws as per custom and  so the burden is on inlaws to prove that she has taken away her ornaments.

1 Like

(Guest)

"

@ niranjan jee

Thank you for replying.

W like clothes,etchat do you have to say about remain personal belongings?How to prove they are in matrimonial home?

I have read so many cases that girl could not prove her belongings were with husband's side.So she could not get them back.Also since her husband's side people lied "she has taken them away".

@ What's in a name

Here comes the 3rd irrelevant reply.

Oh I did not know khichri is so good for health!Thanks for telling me.Seems you only know how to cook khichri.And nothing else.So you cook it at LCI also.

The author is not talking about why she left or did not leave the jewels.She is simply asking"HOW TO PROVE?"But people with a thick skull do not understand and talk of faltu things.

You know there are so many kinds of women who are well tackled by SIFF.Their husbands leave them because they have a false sense of pride for they think only they are the most educated in this world.(As if others are uneducated)

They earn a few degrees and then try to boss around.In other words,they TRY HARD to gain others' attention,but keep failing.

Because of their rigid beliefs and snobbishness they cook stories that they were forced to sell their jewels to get some money.But on the other hand they have these jewels with themselves only.And then they unnecessarily fight genuine divorce cases filed by their husbands,by cooking up more stories about their husbands and their so called "poverty".Finally when that is also not enough,they separate their kids from their dads,to use them against spouses in divorce cases.

When nothing concrete results,they try to seek attention of others at LCI by indirectly urging people to go through their past threads to see what great mentors they have been to their students.(There is nothing spectacular in their writings)So,when they are away for many months,hardly anyone misses them.  :)

God bless you.Go and rest!

(Guest)

@Roshni B

“W like clothes,etchat do you have to say about remain personal belongings?How to prove they are in matrimonial home?

I have read so many cases that girl could not prove her belongings were with husband's side.So she could not get them back.Also since her husband's side people lied "she has taken them away".

Look kanoon ke hath iitne lanbe nahi hote jitana aap sochte ho!:(

It’s very difficult to prove.

Your question is on right line but the answer is not positive :(as looking to the real situation that we saw in a court and even to discuss in this forum you cant get the solution to get all this things books( kitne books hai ? ,clothes,( neye liye kya?) footwear,furniture.( get them new )

Only necessary thing here is the percentage of contribution needs to be proved with material/corroborative evidence.

The relationship of marriage is sacrement and is such that nobody does these transactions during married life with a suspesion such as “what if marriage breaks in future?”

But rest all other partnerships do exercise those precautions/rationale right from outset in a professional way.

Husband has power to use this stridhan like books ,cupboards . as suppose in future he remember her past and see all these things and remember her wife as suppose he realise  Or sell it to kabadiwal or pastivala to take a revenge 

Better when getting divorce put all these things as a list and get all this(in a divorce or dv by mutual consent) otherwise you have to prove it.

If you asked the remedy then you have to give evidence, proofs.

Or lastly use illegal way to get all your things. Tit for tat.

1 Like

(Guest)

The relationship of marriage is sacrement and is such that nobody does these transactions during married life with a suspesion such as “what if marriage breaks in future?”

But rest all other partnerships do exercise those precautions/rationale right from outset in a professional way.

Bichare :(  acche logo itna precaution nahi rakhte hai   soooo sad!;(

2 Like

(Guest)

V.well said Kushan.Thanks for finding time to explain.

But koi to tareek hoga prove karne ka.Since this is the only property a girl gets from parents.

Most girls are not entitled to property share.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     20 February 2011

@

Que. is basic and wife read with Advocates who directly have abused S. 498a IPC knows the answer.

However the answer lies in reading S. 4 of IEA.
Reasoning: Once a wife gives ‘stridhan’ list supported with even one bill(s) (you may counter them as fake or fictitious is besides the point at this setting wheel of criminal trial stage is concerned) but majority of trial Court takes it as if she has produced a ‘conclusive piece of evidence’ and it is “conclusive proof” for them and it is also “final” from her side and “no evidence can be lead to disapprove such facts” that she has taken it aand or they were never given. This is unfortunately the Law in practice in trial Court and CAW level by which I also mean that the more superior Courts you challenge this “stridhan” stuff the effect start getting reduced later on but you already have by that time received your “stridhan” either in good and/or bad condition or new (means as replaced) all these are besides the que. limit as in my above opening reply which is already prooved as 'gospel truth' now you may understand why some SC Lordships comment on S. 498a IPC and some say just the other way around but distorted fact is fact bhai at ground zero level and how many cases could see light of Hon'ble SC !.

Unfortunate, for husband(s) side but that is the real ground fact and spouse who used it on another and spouse who are really hit hard by this S. 4 IEA knows how she managed to establish empty Johnny Walker bottle consumed at reception night to be a sealed tight new bottle under her ‘stridhan’ list! That is why so many husbands state their grievances in gravest wordings here when they seek help on this empty bottle turned brand new in THAT LIST myth which feminists target (rebut) back with choicest wordings. Hence conviction rate under s. 498a IPC also goes down. Do understand both sides is my view.

1. I get confused reading lady writers post here. Que. is either accept a lady when gets married gives dowry and or is forced to give dowry but say that dowry is always given OR simply say a lady never gives dowry. Why I raked this up is on last line of Meenal's above post where Roshni is askign a very good que. and Meenal is diverting to property and then showing they even don't get property. First admit that a lady is giving dowry and or is forced to give dowry and or even admit without dowry marriage does not take place mostly in India kar key. Then co-relate it with this post of Roshni and then stick to replying it as in assist her understand how to proove dowry items in in-laws home insteadof diverting the core que. to property and what nots! I mean this is my confusion with Roshni / Ambika / Meenal to point a few women writers replies or posts.  However these three are besides the point at this stage. Women are from Raja Harishchand family and men are from Ravan family is a saying............... 

So assuming Tom & Jerry may be out that Roshni / Meenal / Ambika and Kushan have no “practical experience” of stridhan and are internet tigers and tigresses with a Johny Walker bottle in hand or it is too early to say so; been missing bolt out of the blue maybe this weekend
J 

Have smiling weekend gurus............

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     20 February 2011

@ Taj Mahal

I really want to read all your replies,for they seem to be knowledgeable.

But but.....

plleaaasseeee use simple english.kitni baar bolu.

as usual i could not make out what you are trying to say.

good night!!

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     20 February 2011

@ Roshni

Aab roshni  to eik hi hai dusara kaha se layu.......

Kahi sasta, sundar aur tikau admission dila do simple English sekh lunga, waisey Taj Mahal 12 saal ke baad samajh mei aya ki cheez kya hai..........

ha ha

g'morning ji  
PS: I cooperate in quashing of my last sentence in my first abov. post, I should not have named writers here.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register