Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dns   21 August 2017

House on govt land and issue with road

Hi Experts,

My grandfather bought a proerty on X place but he was given occupancy at Y place (hardly 100 meters from original place). My father build house on the Y place some 10 Years ago. Now Sarapanch in my village is saying that it is governemnt  propery  and we need to demolish front part of the house for road construction even though there is enough space (16 ft wide) for road. It is just that due to jealosy they are troubling us as Sarpanch has allcated some govt land to his relative and now asking us to give the land for road.

Now my question is that what if we get into to the court case for this as we know that house is built on govt land but we do have land bought and there is sufficient land to build the road if Sarpnach take the land given to his relative , pls provie your insights on this .

Thanks,

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 August 2017

Both appear to be different matter.

Road: Obtain and go thry the demarcation approaved and contest on appropriate ground like mentioned by you.......

House; You do not own the land on which house is constructed.......The building can be demolished.If possible try and get ownership of land by allotmment as in case of relative of Srapanch or other sources or buy it if it can be.............

dns   21 August 2017

Thank you sir for your reply ....

They are definatley not going to give that land even if we want to buy. As you mentioned that it can be demolished but govt should assess that house is build 10 years ago and has been enrolled for property tax and etc. If they have to demolish , first they should allocate us our original land which is now occupied by some other person . so until we get our land back , they are not authorized to demolish my property . How can i build the case around this to save my property until i get my property?

Also land allocated to Sarpandch's relative is nowhere on paper ..it is just illegally occupied ..which will come to govt when legal proceeding will take place.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 August 2017

Village/land  matters can turn violent.........also.

Propeety litigations can be protracted and lengthy and costly...........

Patwaari must have given you exact location/boundaries/ Nishandehi and you could have avoided errors......

If current Sarpanch is biased and ingulges in illegal practices then lodge complaint against his illegal deeds....

Consult with local counsel specializng in revenue matters.......l

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register