LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Simhan (manager)     31 May 2018

Ho to defend wife's maintenance petition

If  an educated and  previously working wife has stated these facts in  previous petitions in the court  that she is capable of working and actually she has worked in prior years, and  if she files a maintenance petition now  against husband whether is it valid? How husband can defend this when he has other responsibility like children education aged parents etc., please give suggesstion to defend the maintenance 

Reg,

Simhan

Learning

7 Replies

Sunny Singh (Advocate)     31 May 2018

That you will have to hire a advocate and then ask him.  He will tell you how to defend.  If I tell you how to defend, will you hire my services? No. If I tell you something only I should adopt my plan of action and save you.  You cant get idea from here and ask some other advocte or yourself to employ it in fighting a maintenance case.

Whichever way you fight it you will have to pay alimony to wife.  No escaping that. You can at the most go sit in jail for few years if you dont want to pay alimony.  Indian laws ensuer you sell your kidney and then feed wife and kids.  If you have problem with Indian laws go and settle in canada.  Many have done that.

TGK REDDI   01 June 2018

I don't agree.

Aman chawla (DELHI HIGH COURT ADVOCATE)     01 June 2018

Defend your case by stating the correct facts that she is capable and able-bodied women and was previously working as per her statement only. You can also state that you have a responsibility of your old aged parents as well as your child while on other the side she is free and has no dependence.  

Along with that, you can put some salary slips, ITR's or any other documents which show that she was drawing a handsome amount of salary. 

Thanks,

Regards,

Aman Chawla

1 Like

Simhan (manager)     02 June 2018

Thanks Mr. Aman Chawla, your points are well noted, and very valid Reg,

Simhan (manager)     02 June 2018

Thanks Mr. Aman Chawla, your points are well noted, and very valid Reg,

sanjay   08 June 2018

if there is  no dependent parent alive and there is huge gap in both the salary then can wife aske to entertain same status  to enjoy

sanjay   08 June 2018

if there is  no dependent parent alive and there is huge gap in both the salary then can wife aske to entertain same status  to enjoy

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register