Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hindu Marriage Act Amendment Bill

Page no : 2

ashish lal (Advocacy)     16 November 2010

Hey its nice how we men are opposing any reform which go against us and in favour of women.

But the women as we all know have been treated as a second class citizen in India. And if dont have these laws just like 498A domestic voilence the women would continued to remain second class. If India is thinking about becoming developed then Women of India need to have serious stake holding in the development of our country and without these progressive laws its not possible.

Before asking legislature to change law we need to change ourself. At the time of marriage most of boy's families are concentrated upon getting the best deal out of the said marriage. Just look around, how a marriage ceremony has become a costly affair both for boy and girl parents. if we could remove dowry from matrimonial relation and make a marriage a simple affair then i think most of  the 498A and DV cases would not get instituted. 

2 Like

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     16 November 2010

Originally posted by :ashish lal

"
Hey its nice how we men are opposing any reform which go against us and in favour of women.

But the women as we all know have been treated as a second class citizen in India. And if dont have these laws just like 498A domestic voilence the women would continued to remain second class. If India is thinking about becoming developed then Women of India need to have serious stake holding in the development of our country and without these progressive laws its not possible.

Before asking legislature to change law we need to change ourself. At the time of marriage most of boy's families are concentrated upon getting the best deal out of the said marriage. Just look around, how a marriage ceremony has become a costly affair both for boy and girl parents. if we could remove dowry from matrimonial relation and make a marriage a simple affair then i think most of  the 498A and DV cases would not get instituted. 

"

Very matured views

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     16 November 2010

Even availing the ground IrBM will be as difficult to prove as anything else for genuine cases. It too will be open to misuse.

Any law which favours women, in turn favours men,  these things are inter related.

Law must protect the interest of weakest, with minimum misuse. 

Misuse is being highlighted more than the use, and also so many real culprits too are taking shelter under misuse and being benefitted.

Condition of Women reflects the degree of civilization of any country. The more will they happy the more the society will progress and will ultimately benefit us.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     16 November 2010

Ashish Lal and Roshni B are very right. So far men were treating women as second class citizens. Now women should be given a chance to treat men as second class citizens. This thing is just not in India only. It is there in America too.

In some American States there is a law that in a rape cases the victim's name should not be made public. But the accused's name can be given wide publicity. In one case the final judgement was that the accused was innocent and the victim had falsely implicated him to tarnish his name.

Let the Judge give any judgment. She achieved what she wanted. It should be really like that.

MPS Ramani

(Guest)

Ashutosh

You Wrote   'Misuse is being highlighted more than the use, and also so many real culprits '

As per Supreme Court

False 498A case -- 95%

498a resulting in conviction - 2%

Ratio of misuse/correct use =    95/2  =  47:5

That is for every correct use of 498A there are atleast 47 misuse of 498a . And you still have guts to say that miuse are more highlighted.!!!!!!!!

(Guest)

Ladies and Gentleman,

I would like to attract your views on 'THANKS GAME being played here.

Please look at the two posts above -- Ashish Lal and  Roshini B. As you can see one seemingly from male appearing user id and another from female appearing id. But both posting are female oriented - saying how weman in India has been oppressed.

They are exactly copied -- except one is formatted in three paragrahgs and another one is not. For due credit female user is giving text in quote

Interestingly - both of the messages has been thanked one with Thumps up another with very matured views.

I am wondering why a message without a signle word from the author is being  thanked.  This also  raises question that who are giving those thanks. How many of those ids are different faces of the same person and what is the self esteem of the person who is thanking onself?

1 Like

oh!

what a doubt!

yes keep drawing attention of the audience because this is wot psycho people love to do....attention seeking!

a good timepass for jobless people!

Interestingly - both of the messages has been thanked-  one with Thumps up another with very matured views.

okay..if u feel both of us are one and the same person,please let us know what proofs u have to support this? i am asking for solid proofs;not guess works..

........................................................................................................................................................................................................

u think both of us are the same persons because:

• i wrote to mr. ashish "very matured views" by quoting his paras.
  • and i also gave him a thumbs up symbol..
  • u said that because we both support women,it means that we are the same persons

and on basis of above 3 points you proved that we are the same people !!!:D

many people in LCI support women's rights,whom i thanked thru text and also gave them thank u symbols....so those persons must also be roshni........... right???

dear admin,kindly check the profiles of myself and mr.ashish whose name i saw for the 1st time today.i am sure you know how to find out....and if we both are same persons,please declare it publically ,so that truth is revealed...and if we are not the same persons,then also declare it,otherwise LCI members will keep suspecting both of us whenever we write in LCI,if they are talking to roshni or ashish

(Guest)

In desperation, Lady Poster is going all over places  !!!!!

LOL

Question is not whether there is one person.. two persons or more than two persons. are owning these ids

Question is .... How can a mere post just containing copy paste from other post be thanked.

Are the poster being thanked for shwoing .. skill in entering paragraphs?

People have noticed so many other pattern here in a few of regular posters and their postings....

And that raises so many other questions....

(Guest)

Ha.. Ha.  Writing to admin to confirm whether it is same person or different person.... LOL

Well knowing that admin will never be able to confirm that they are same person. Because

----. These two names could be attached to two different e mail ids.

Some may say that look for IP addresses --- These days most of the ISP gives dynamic IP addresses - that is your machine may have difference IP addresses at different point of time. So no way to confirm that postings are comming from same IP.

Some other may say that look for MAC address..But then not all application/web site captures MAC address.

So the only thing, in this wilderness of internet, that can be observed is the various patterns, including  infamous thanking patterns.

And forum participants, including me,  have  seen tons of them

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     21 November 2010

" Ladies and Gentleman, I would like to attract your views on 'THANKS GAME being played here."

yes, it is there.

now you marked it, but i know it, since july.

perhaps for this reason, admin changed their policy on 'thanks'.

1 Like

ashish lal (Advocacy)     21 November 2010

Nice out of topic discussion but please this forum is not meant for these Facebook type conversations.

One thing about which I am very sure that this irrevertible breakdown law is going to get evolved into kind of divorce law which is in France. But for this to happen we will be needing a lot of safeguards e.g. maintenance of lesser/non earning spouse and custody of child.  

1 Like

Bhaskar for SOCIAL JUSTICE (Legal & Social Activist)     22 November 2010

There should be equilibrium in law and justice and its should not be gender biased.

Today women is claiming ,maintenance whether they have any real problem with their husband or not but they are claiming it as a matter of right and it becomes business now to earn easy money. Marry the rich person , do quarrel with them and then claim maintenance and alimony.

It is a jungle raj and  way to become rich on others money.

If husband has duty to maintain her wife then wife has also duty to take care of him and give love and affection. So there should be no maintenance at all for wife's who are just trying to enrich them by using this ANDHA KANOON.

Certain suggestions to preserve families and to save them:

ï‚·          No maintenance till guilty is proved and if husband is ready to reconcile and bear all the expenses of wife and children if she re-joins him.

ï‚·          No maintenance  and alimony in the 2nd marriage if she has got it in the first divorce.

ï‚·          No maintenance if she can maintain her or her parents can maintain her and if husband is ready to take her back.

ï‚·          Compulsory mediation for avoiding long legal battle.

ï‚·          Law should be such that both husband and wife try to reconcile .

ï‚·          Law should not be favoring anyone to ensure that marriages are saved.

Domestic violence complaint / fir should be filed within 24 hours of alleged incidence in place of today's situation in which wife and her parents try to black mail the husband and his family to agree to their terms and if they do not agree then they file case even after many years.

The most important thing is to fix time limit for completion of hearing and disposal of case in any court say 6 months only. The cases must be tried on fast track basis. The infrastructure of the legislative system should be strenghened and cases must be disposed off within 6 months.

For filing cases some minimum requirement of proofs etc. must be there and it should not be like this that for any small small issue anybody can go and file the case.

Specially for family matters pre-litigation mediation must be compulsory and the behavior/flexibility of each party in resolving the issue must be recorded and should be base of their case in future (if any).

Amendments must be gender neutral .

sajan (purchase manager)     24 November 2010

It is correct that all laws are favouring women and biased towards man. Why ? This is because not  govenrment / judiciary are favouring women. It is because all the woman right activicts, feminists continuously lobbying for their right and  government is amending the existing laws for womens favour. what we mens are doing? Only here and there lone voices don't work. How many people go and camplained against this biased laws. How many men campain for their right, Not any significiant numbers. We know how to make  political parties, how to make gangs, how to die for politicians. see any political particies function hundred of man will go and die for them.  why nobody fight for their own cause.

I.BR.IM bill is presently in front of parliamentary standing committee under the Chairpersonship of Jayanthi Natarajan. Already all the womens activicts like Brinda Carrot (AIDWA) Adv. Kirti Singh, many others meet the standing committee members and oppose the bill. They found  that it is favouring man and giving power to husband to divoirce wife without much problem. They are arguing to include the clause before amend the marriage bill.

1) Matrimonial property right to wife. To  Divide the matrimonial property of husband i(ncluding the ancestral property) at the time of marriage and during the marriage and give to wife 50% share.

2) Right to residence to wife if she decide to stay with children after divorce.

3) All husbands earning like life insurance, pension etc should also include matrimonial property.

4) all the existing laws like 498a, maintanance,, D.V etc should be make more  strong so that there should not be any descrimination against wife.

Now tell me how many mans has gone to standing committe and argue their points. How many man campain for their right.  If nobody is ready to t work hard for their own cause and spend time for other man why should complain. What every law is making happily accept and sleep.

Sajan Samuel

Bhaskar for SOCIAL JUSTICE (Legal & Social Activist)     25 November 2010

Hi Sajan,

It is certianly required to do lobbying or meet these politicians, Do you have any plan i and many of my collegues /friends are ready to do anything for equality in law.

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register