LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mithun hegde (student)     04 June 2019

Herrasing to repay money by a private money lendor

Dear Lawyers, I am looking for your valuable suggession and help. Issue is mentiond below: Recently one person came and herrasing me and my family to repay money which he saying my father took from him more than 10-15 years back. But we dont aware of this and we dont even know who is he. Now my father is no more he passed away 7years back. He is harrasing us that he has all documents such as bond and cheque that my father has given to him(even we dont no either it is signed blank bond and cheque or what is written in this). But we are not sure what he has. And we are not even signed single one. Please advise me what needs to be done to avoid his trouble causing myself and my family. If in the above briefing information is not sufficient happy to share further if required. Thanks. Look forward to here valuable suggessions.

Learning

6 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     04 June 2019

ask the person to go to court and take legal action for alleged recovery and tell him that he keeps harrasing you and your family then you will file complaint before the police station. you need not worry about it. let him prove his alleged claim in the court. Regards Adv. Rohit Dalmia 9324538481

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     04 June 2019

ask the person to go to court and take legal action for alleged recovery and tell him that he keeps harrasing you and your family then you will file complaint before the police station. you need not worry about it. let him prove his alleged claim in the court. Regards Adv. Rohit Dalmia 9324538481

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     05 June 2019

Contact local advocate and issue him notice that you are in no way responsible and still he has been using threats and subjecting you to intimidation, and inform him that he can approach the court for proper remedy and warn him that any further visits or intimidations will be taken seriously and the matter has to be reported to Police.   After that if still the person harasses, with the help of your advocate file complaint and enclose the copy of notices.  Use recording devices freely and collect CCTV footages if any if the intimidation is in public places.  That cheque or such documents were hopelessly barred by limitation and can never be enforced.  Do not commit anything.  You may be spending few hundreds for issuing effective legal notice, but it saves you from harassment  but ensures mental peace and protection to the family.

You have only intimated his advancement and never stated your reply to him when he approached you.

mithun hegde (student)     05 June 2019

@G.L.N Prasad: Thank you for you time and advise. I am afraid that suppose if in the same way he harrased my father and took only signed blank bond paper or signed blank dated cheque( it is my assumption based on his speech) will it be act as documents? And for his advancement we keep on telling that we don't no the money matter between them. Dont ask us. We are not responsible for that.

mithun hegde (student)     05 June 2019

@advocate rohit: my only afraid that he is saying he got all the documents. But we never no and did not committed even single one. Is that all documents will be valid? Either it may be written one or all blank signed one. I am bit confused in this matter. Will it act as document or evidence? If not, strait away i will say you go and take legal action. We do not know anything related to this.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     05 June 2019

One can not state validity without looking into them and without knowing facts.  The simple issue here is whether you are involved and can be subjected to intimidation by the third party or not.  If the documents are valid, he might have issued atleast a notice demanding such payments.  Cross the bridge only when it comes, and it gives suspicions to the readers about the integrity of your father and his yielding to such pressures.   No one can provide guidance on mere assumptions.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register