LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

meenu (EA)     11 April 2012

Help needed.....

1.     We got married. Our Marriage date was 15th Jan, 2003. My father died on 12th dec,2002.

2.     I hd given 30K as bata karcha, One splender bike worth Rs 43K, sister-in-law material (one pair of gold earing which is 4 tola) as per demand from FIL to my father. Others things like Double bed, dressing table, fridge, washing machine, utensils, clothes to everybody…

3.     Three Gold finger Rings to Groom.

4.     When I entered his family, I ws just surprised to notice that nobody liked me.

5.     MIL told me that after marriage they went to puri for purification. She told me not to go to kitchen as I don’t know cooking. But in my father house, I was cooking for my whole family.

6.     MIL hd insulted my brother several times. After this my brother never came to my place.

7.     FIL told me that I am the bank for him.

8.     By the grace of god I got an offer @ 7K in delhi.. Father-in-law & mother-in-law told me go to delhi

9.     The day I joined the organisation, the other day MIL called me & told me to send 6K.. I ws just surprised to hear this from her.. At that time my hubby ws not doing anything .. just searching a job.. It was difficult to manage the house & send money to them.. I agreed to send 3K per month. I sent it till Aug, 2003.

10.  Brother-in-law came to delhi in the month of August `2003.. I did nt hd a problem with that. Problem aroused when my hubby asked me money.. My brother-in-law was taking money (Rs 500/-) every week as his expense. At that time we did not have a penny to buy rice also…

11.   My brother-in-law had beaten my hubby in front of me.. He (brother-in-law) told him(hubby) lots of things like why he got married to me , I am frm a lower caste girl, caste matters etc..

12.  2004

13.  I ws pregnant in the month of may.

14.  I ws nt well.. my hubby forced me to work so that he cn get money frm me.. I ws just crying wht I hv done with my life?? Then I went to home unwillingly..

15.  He(hubby) ws sending Rs 2000 to home in the name of MIL.. I didn’t get a penny from that.

16.  I paid the doctors fees & medicine etc.. When I was 6th month pregnant, MIL & FIL asked me to give 7 lacs . Thy needed this money to purchase home. Hubby visited me in the month of dec.. FIL asked him money for the operations.. he (hubby) just pointed towards me.. I gave him (FIL) Rs 2000 for the operations.. I got admitted to hospital on 2nd jan 2005.. bt I ws nt able to give birth to her.. Again I ws admitted to hospital on 3rd feb.. again I paid Rs 4000…

17.  Then the name ceremony.. FIL came to me & told me that FIL don’t have money to perform this ceremony.. I told FIL I will give u the money as this a matter of respect .. we can not loose our respect in front of society.. FIL told me that I will take it as a loan & told me that FIL will pay me the interest also.. I denied for the interest.. u pay back the money as per yr convenience..

18.  Ceremony happened .. we got 5K frm that ceremony.. FIL took that money & told MIL that FIL will open a lic policy for her(anisha).. I didn’t pay any attention to that.. thy r elder.. thy will never think bad for me…

19.  I ws nt able to feed my child.. I asked MIL.. shall I give her extra food frm outside? MIL just denied.. then I asked her Why.. MIL just told me that as u know my son-in-law will come to attend the ceremony.. SIL will ask lots of question to MIL.. I ws just surprised to hear this frm MIL

20.  When mantu, Bank Manager of SBI, Cuttack (SIL) came , MIL asked SIL.. wht to do .. DIL is nt able to feed her child.. mantu (SIL)suggested we do give injection to cow & take out as much milk as we want.. so there must be a medicine to take milk out frm her.. then MIL went to the doc.. asked about it.. gave medicine.. I ws just helpless..

21.  Then I called my hubby.. pls take me.. MIL told me that as u r nt able to feed her.. u cn go with yr hub & support him.. I told them that I will take my child with me. On this my hubby told me “NO”. As we both will be working for betterment of our family. Let MIL keep the kid (Anisha). Anisha is safe here. I unwilling agreed.. . if this is written in my destiny.. then I hv to accept it.. as I had done a blunder in my life..

22.  My hubby hd an affair with a girl named Simran

23.  2005

24.  I ws injured in the Sarojani Nagar bomb blast?? My hubby informed this to my in-laws.

25.  SIL told MIL that as yr daughter-in-law is injured, c will get some amt. take that amt & make a gold chain… I ws surprised to hear this………

26.  2006

27.  Situation became worse & worse..

28.  They came to delhi.. stayed with BIL(brother-in-law, working in Idea, mumbia) for 1 ½ month.  I didn’t have a problem with that..

29.  I was not allowed to see my child. Please see the humanity of MIL

30.  2007

31.  I was called to look after MIL as c was not well .I left my job.. At that time I had my second lazer operations

32.  Operations took placed on 2nd Oct.. I went to home on 6th Oct..

33.  I had taken care of MIL.. She along with yr neighbour (Mohanty aunty) asked me that did you hd operation? Wht a silly Q? I showed her all the doxs. Is it justified??

34.  At gurgoan, BIL told lots of things to me & my hubby.. my hubby never told anything to BIL.. This shows that as man he can’t even save his wife dignity or respect…

35.  My hubby again had an affair with a girl named Hema I got to know this from his friend.. A huge drama was created for this.

36.  2008

37.  I got a new job. I informed them . They told me to send money to them. Just see Every time they r asking money from me….. How piggish people r they?

38.  We were staying at New Delhi , he was bringing a lady to the room in my absence every Thursday.. I got to know this from my land lady…

39.  2009

40.  My hubby met with an accident in the year 2009. He was admitted in the hospital for surgery and for the same hubby asked money from his own dad, can you imagine that time I need moral support from u
all, where were you all that time when I ws in need. At that time I had invested my money in LIC.

41.  I took care of my hubby.. Nobody from the home came to take care of him…..

42.  2010

43.  I got job in HCCB, bbsr. I ws not willing to accept it. Bez of my hubby I accepted it. U never thought that without u hw will I live alone in bbsr?... Is it justified??

44.  Everybody came to my house told me all rubbish things. Had hub ever taken any step to ask them, Why hd they told all rubbish things to me??

45.  SIL told all vulgar things to me. Pls answer. Wht hd my hubby done for this??

46.  Hubby’s family shifted to bbsr.. I ws not willing to shift to there place. I was staying peacefully. Why hd my hubby shifted me from my place to there’s place?? Answer….

47.  MIL told me that I m not the mother of anisha. Is it justified??

48.  Whenever I tried that my child should learn this that, MIL stop.. Now, my child’s future is in dark……… Pls answer.. Who is responsible for it???

49.  MIL always wanted to stay at cuttack. For this all this melo drama was created & her purpose was solved. Over all the blame came to me.. Then also she took my child & went away as if I m the main culprit behind it…  now they r not willing to give my child...

Every time my respect & dignity was hampered by yr parents, relative, etc. bez I m alone. I never got support from u .. the Support which yr mom is getting from all sides. Always I m the target of yr family……

PLEASE ADVICE WHAT SHALL I DO??

Learning

7 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     11 April 2012

Dear Querist,

A long story cut short - you have undergone a life of misery, financial & emotional exploitation since your marriage at the hands of your Husband and in-laws. On the legal side of things you can do a lot of things - you can ask for maintenance, you can criminally prosecute them u/s 498A/406, you can ask for letting you live in matrimonial home, and depending on whether you still want to give marriage a chance - file for RCR or Divorce.

Feel free to talk!

Kumar (Family CEO)     11 April 2012

Meenu - What happened after 2010 ? There is a 1 year plus gap in your story. On the face of it , the entire story appears troubling.

You do come about as a intelligent, educated, responsible, patient, caring wife, DIL and mother.  I will recommend that you consult a Family Counsellor to whom you can pour out your agony. They can provide non-legal perspective and management of the issue.

In parallel, I do strongly recommend that you hire a counsel.  There are many credible ones on LCI. When you make your selection, try to retain the ones who are able to take an approach which preserves the family peace and doesnt recommend that you "lock-load-fire", ie when the papers are served, let it come about as a pre-suit notice, ie - behave or else, there are consequences. That pre-suit notice should have the tone of a battered spouse begging for sympathy. In this phase, you be in control, ie dont let the lawyer control the situation. If this step produces results, then good.

If the pre-suit, polite, humble approach doesnt work, then let the lawyer take control and drive the situation. The in-laws are possibly incorrigible. Be ready to face the consequences of lawsuit. You may have legal upper hand but you need to start thinking of your and your childs safety - I hear that Delhi/Harayana side is full of goondas. 

Adv Bharat is highly recommended amongst other, if you can afford his services. I dont know him but his posts are clearly of higher quality.

sri (ceo)     12 April 2012

you can clearly mention to avoid his parents and other members interference... otherwise you will file 498a... sit down your husband and work out separate home... if he is bent towards his family you can go for divorce... you can claim your child and maintenance for both and also your spendings under streedhan... do not go around courts... not just waste of money, time and nuisance... you will pay for all these...

A.V.Pattanashetti (Advocate)     12 April 2012

Hell friend pleas call me and ask any thing for problems 09448035651

Kumar (Family CEO)     12 April 2012

@Sri

Good pointers and pearls of wisdom. I am adding you to my friends circle.I hope you will accept my invitation.

> work out separate home...

> do not go around courts... not just waste of money, time and nuisance... you will pay for all these...

Adam

sri (ceo)     13 April 2012

friends...

each one is...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register