LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

THANGADURAI (Proprietor)     24 June 2016

Harrassment by mts

I was using the MTS data card as a stand by internet as I had a regular broadband with BSNL. I was regualrly paying the MTS bills in time. During the floods in Chennai in Dec.2015 and Jan.2016, all the mobiles, internet and even the electricity gone out for a few days. During the time , I tried to use the MTS data card for my internet communication and it did not work. In protest of their failure, I did not pay the next bills and stopped using MTS.  From then the MTS called me often atleast once in a day for payments. I told them to waive the rental for the period the service failed and also the subsequent bills as I was not using it. They use to send the bills even though I opted for cancellation.

Finally the telecaller from their office accepted for my request and she asked me to pay Rs.630.00 in full settlement to close the account.  As they had already deactivated my line, I could not pay it online and the MTS said will send a person for cash collection.  (Even after deactivation, they said until they close the account by themselves, I am bound to pay rent till it is deactivated officially.)

A person from their office came for collection of amount. I insisted for the letter of accepting for full settlement. As he did not possess asked him to call their office to send an email and they sent an email accordingly. I too paid the amount Rs.630 and got the receipt for cash payment.

After that they raised a claim for Rs.378.00 which I was and is refusing till date. They threaten me to that they had given the case for recovery to Adalat and then a lawyer called and threatened me for legal consequences. Till date they continuously sending me threatening SMS to my mobile to pay the amount to avoid legal proceedings against me atleast once in two days.

I am being disturbed by their claim for payment and harassment. I request the learned lawyers what action can be taken against them for making this kind of disturbances. Even though the amount is so small , I don't want to yield to their threatening and unlawful harassments. Being a corporate company they behave so cheaply makes me much annoyed. Kindly post your suggestions, please.

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 June 2016

You seem to have proper documents and have a good case.

Approach a very able counsel specializing in consumer matters.

THANGADURAI (Proprietor)     16 July 2016

Learned Lawyers,

Even after getting an email from the MTS, and paid the amount according to their offer for a full and final settlement, they send claims for payments. They tend to harass me by threatening with SMS, emails and legal notice through emails etc. Recently they sent an email in the name of legal notice and threatening me for payment. Is it valid to send legal notice through emails and what could be the effect of this kind of mails. What counter action can I take them to punish for their disturbing me like this? Awaiting suggestions from you.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 July 2016

Approach a very able counsel specializing in consumer matters.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register