Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manjunath   29 November 2021

Harrassing neighbours

X has a widowed mom aged 65 years.
She goes out to gather flowers early morning for puja.
Her neighbour is a tenant who is a married man (LIC Agent) with wife and children staying with him.
Sometimes, while gathering flowers the neighbour man shouts grandma, grandma to her.

Can X take video record to show police the proof of unnecessary harrassment?
Will FIR be registered?
Can X show copy of FIR to LIC and owner to further damage the tenant?


 6 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 November 2021

The issue is too trivial to pursue through a police complaint. 

Shashi Dhara   29 November 2021

Neglect it how many days he barks , you also bark.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     29 November 2021

Section 268 of the Indian Penal Code defines nuisance when the person is guilty of a public nuisance when he does any act which causes injury, danger or annoyance to the public or the people in general who live or occupy the property in the neighborhood.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     21 December 2021

from where she plucks flowers.

Yogeshwari Sirsikar   21 December 2021

As per your query, let me tell you that, your neighbor hasn't threatened or abused grandma. Taking into consideration, her age, calling her as grandma will not be termed as humiliating or harrassment in any way. The matter is of trivial nature, it wont't be considered as an offence under any penal law so there is no question of taking of cognizance by the police.

Hope it helps!


Yogeshwari Sirsikar

Kawmini Liyanage   21 December 2021


In order to answer your query, as mentioned above by Mr. Rama Chary Rachakonda Section 268 can be applied as it recognizes "a person commits an act that causes annoyance, or injures or threatens to injure the rights of the general public, with respect to health, safety, morals, convenience, or welfare of the general public."

But, it would be wise if the matter could be amicably resolved. 


Kawmini Liyanage.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query