LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

KRS (Research student)     02 November 2013

Harrasment,maintanance,child custody

Hi I was married in December 2012 to a girl know to me as my childhood teacher's daughter. Its a arranged marriage. Now we have a child recently born in September 2013. I am having my PhD studies in Sweden. And my wife graduated as B.Tech recently. The issue is that after marriage she remained in her parents home for her final semester studies and then for delivery. Now I came to know that she is an epileptic person and that was the reason that her parents didn't send her for delivery to abroad. When I ask for her medical reports her parents are saying that now she is not an epileptic patient and they deny to give the medical reports. Moreover sometimes she messages me that she want to come to Sweden just in 2 months from now and again sometimes she is saying that she don't want to come abroad and asking me to comeback to India after finishing my phd. With these behaviour I was bit disappointed and said that I will not bring her to Sweden until I finish my PhD, and moreover I will decide where to live based on the position that I will get after my studies. She is saying that she dont need my money for her and my child maintanance since her father is able to afford, but for relatives they are advertizing that I am not sending money for her expenses. Even with these conditions also somehow I managed her to open the bank account and sent some money for her expenses. All of sudden since I told her that I will not bring her to Sweden, she was threatning me that she will change the childs surname as well as the given name (I named my child), and she will send me the divorce papers and she will continue with her M.Tech studies. She is not also showing me my child over skype and not sending any photos of him, though she use to do that before. Moreover recently her father was saying to my father that he doesn't like this marriage since I am too much thoughtful and careful about the money issues. Moreover he is stressing everytime that he (fatherinlaw)  dont like this marriage and this marriage was happend because of his wife (my motherinlaw-my wifes mother), with this it is clear that they have some rethinking in their mind and have problems in between my wifes parents. They both are(my wifes parents) employing by state government. my parents are illeterates,unemployed and old persons, i have to take care of them too. Before marriage they (parents in laws) told that they will give properties to my wife also with equal share but now after marriage and having child they are saying that they are not sure of giving properties too. My wife also threatining me that she can live alone with child together with her father and mother and she dont want to come to Sweden. Still I have to be in Sweden for 2 to3 years to finish my studies. With all this I am requesting experts to give suggestions, how should I continue with this relation!.

Since she is not 100% willing to come abroad, how should I bring her?

Since my salary (phd student) here in sweden is not enough for my family expenses (if I consider me,my wife, and child. child expenses are expensive here since he was not born in sweden, allowances are not covered by government), can I ask her also to share part of the expenses, will it considered as harrasing for money?

Moreover they are not willing to give her previous medical reports related to epilepsy, since it is the important information that I have to mention in her insurance forms and ectera. how should I get her medical history reports?

what should I do about her threats regarding divorse, harrassement leading not to showing my child, even she refusing now a days to talk to me over phone!

How should we discuss with her father since he is saying that he dont like this marriage and want my wife and our child with him?

Experts please suggest me  some tips. I am not able to focus on my studies too.

Learning

4 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     02 November 2013

Dear Querist

my opinion on your queries are as under

Since she is not 100% willing to come abroad, how should I bring her?

Opinion: its your decision to bring her or not, you can file a civil suit for RCR before court and get order but you have to come to india for filing case and it is not surety that the court passed nay order in your favour.

Since my salary (phd student) here in sweden is not enough for my family expenses (if I consider me,my wife, and child. child expenses are expensive here since he was not born in sweden, allowances are not covered by government), can I ask her also to share part of the expenses, will it considered as harrasing for money?

Opinion: no it will not considered as harrasment for money.

Moreover they are not willing to give her previous medical reports related to epilepsy, since it is the important information that I have to mention in her insurance forms and ectera. how should I get her medical history reports?

Opinion: contact the doctor or contact a spy to get the detail for you.

what should I do about her threats regarding divorse, harrassement leading not to showing my child, even she refusing now a days to talk to me over phone!

opinion: send the information regarding your apprehension to authorities as NCW, NHRC, POlice.

How should we discuss with her father since he is saying that he dont like this marriage and want my wife and our child with him?

opinion: through relatives or family members

feel free to call

KRS (Research student)     03 November 2013

Dear Qureshi,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. 

We tried sending the family members to speak with my FIL, he is saying that he dont want to listen anyone and abusing the persons whoever visiting to their house. moreover he is threatning that he knows many officials,police,politicians and he wanted to kill me whenever I visit India. And also he is threatning that he can also make the situation that I can study as well as. And he is continuously saying that he dont want to see my face anymore and her daughter also dont want to see and meet me in future. He is doing all this sort of thretning directly with my parents. What do you suggest? in this case. Should I take 2 months leave and go back to India and try to speak to them. I am wondering why they dont want to speak anyone and settle the issue. I will also call you soon as well.

KRS (Research student)     05 November 2013

Dear experts please suggest me for the following scenarios of my case as I explained above.

What are the chances that my passport get impounded if I visit to India in this situation? Please suggest is it good idea to visit India in this situation. Though no cases has been registered yet as of our knowledge.

If I visit India, and my wifes family  manage to impound my passport, how much time and money it will take for me to get back my passport? 

I am sincerely requesting all experts to reply with some answers to my questions.

KRS (Research student)     18 November 2013

Hi experts, can you please answer to my questions?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register