LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

raghu (some)     05 September 2012

Harassment by owner of rented house

dear friends, I reside in Hyderabad.I am now in notice period(about to vacate the house) of 2 months.I am constructing a new house and i nearly ran out of funds.i had advance with the owner given 3 years back.I told him as there is 2 months advance with him i cant pay rent.he's now harassing to pay the rent.if not vacate the house immediately.his apartment is also in 6th floor which dont have permission.does any rental law support a tenant like me? also he got 6 flats in total and he behaves like owner of all the flats.:(.please advice what can I do ASAP. thanks .. raghu 9989285803

Learning

3 Replies

Adv Rohit Dalmia 9324538481 (Lawyer)     05 September 2012

Dear Raghu,

you may ask the owner to partly adjust the rent from the advance and partly you shall be paying. This way he won't feel insecure incase you haven't settled the electricity bill, telephone etc.

ownerof theproperty cannot take such risks of adjusting the entire rent for the balance period. otherwise, he shall have no mode to recover any damages caused to his property or outstanding electricity, telephone, cable dues. you need to think about his insecurity also.

speak to the owner and ask for grace period for making the payment.

Regards,

Advocate Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

Ramesh kumar (.)     11 April 2015

I am residing at Secunderabad / Hyderabad, India in a rented house since one year. House owner had taken advance two month of rent amount.during this one month it was observed that water supply of bathroom and kitchen is being stopped weekly once and twice and house owner complaining that that you are consuming more water while it is not like that. we are only 4 members(one couple and two kids) have taken double bedroom house. owner is living in second floor and we are at ground floor.he is herrassing day by day for water scarcity and nothing hearing to our clarification about genuine use of water. What should be done please suggest. because i have to teach him a good lesson.I was vacated the house earlier. After his invitation and request only I come back to the same house.  Now he is playing all dramas. Not even giving proper respect and not answer my phone.

Nathaniel Peter (M.Sc (C.S))     11 April 2015

First purchase a water tanker and video record it to show that you paid the water amount. He can fool you with water issues if you won't buy water tanker but he cannot fool you with electricity bill as the box  has a snap lock.

It is better to leave the rent house and look for another one.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register