FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mariam Taweel (not applicable)     21 February 2021

Harassment and violence from neighbours

I am an NRI and have a home in India. A few of my neighbours make it difficult for us by violence and threatening behaviour. Previously they had beaten my husband and son in a group for no reason and threatened us to sell our home and leave. Recently they have now beaten my brother and sister in law. Whenever my family go to maintain my home, they are causing harassment by making intimidating, rude, and threatening comments. What are my rights and what can I do to stop this from happening as I now fear the safety of my whole family. If they can raise their hand on my sister in law, that concerns me.


 3 Replies

Sunil Patel   21 February 2021

Have you went to police with your problem.

Beating someone is criminal offence I think let some legal advisor answer your query

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     21 February 2021

You should file a police complaint .

Advocate Abhishek Sinha (Advocate)     21 February 2021

This is a Criminal Offence. They have criminally intimidated and then have done physical assault / hurt too and threatening you to sell your property.

I am extremely surprised if you have not approached the police yet! What were you waiting for after the first incident of threatening received from them? IF they have physically harmed your relatives including your sister-in-law a strong case can be registered against the accused.

If the police is not registering the F.I.R then you can escalate your matter to higher police authorities and even after that if nothing happens, you can file a case U/s 156(3) of Cr.P.C. You can also file a criminal case.

Besides, I hope whatever you have stated must be backed with strong evidences/witnesses. If not, start collecting evidences & spread this matter in the neighborhood as you may need it later while taking legal action. You can also take the help of social media or local news channel to support you in this matter. If you do not accumulate strong proofs/evidences, your any effort to approach the police or Hon'ble Court will not be much effective.

You must contact your local Advocate, give him/her the full background & details of incidents to get an accurate advice from him.  

Thanks & Regards

Advocate Abhishek Sinha

+91-70459 49997




Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query