LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arvind (Graduate)     30 November 2023

Gunthewari sales deed in maharashtra

Our plot in Pune municipal corporation is registered in 7/12 extracts and the property constructed on it was regularized in 2004 under Gunthewari scheme. Can this plot be sold and also what would be documentss required to process and register the sale deed. 


 1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 December 2023

Gunthewadi Development (Regulation, Upgradation and Control) Act dated 12/03/2021 and has provided an opportunity to regularize the unauthorized constructions effected under Gunthewari system and vacant plots which has been acquired prior to 31st December 2020.

Regularizing development under Gunthewari will bring the following benefits to the citizens.

1) Irregular constructions will be regulated.

2) Future sale and purchase transactions of the plots / constructions will attain authorized status due to authorization as well as regularization of the construction .

3)The citizens will be benefitted as the tax will be levied at a uniform single rate instead of thrice the regular rate of tax .

Documents required include:

1) Documents regarding ownership

(i) 7/12 Extract (within six months) / property extract.

(ii) if there is no 7/12 extract then Index II, Purchase Deed, registered Agreement to sale and Guarantee bond in the prescribed form

(iii) In case of unavailability of any of the above document, supplementary documents, such as power of attorney, payments of Municipal Corporation property tax receipts, electricity bills, Ration cards, telephone bills etc.

2) Tax Collection Department of Plot / Construction Completion Certificate before 31/12/2020 or electricity bill

3) Certificate of structural Stability from an Authorized Structural Engineer


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register