LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shekar (CEO)     21 July 2011

Guidance value of property

From 1st Aug onwards, the Govt. of Karnataka is planning to increase the guidance value of properties in Bangalore and it's surroundings. I'm in the final stages of buying a flat in Jakkur which is on the outskirts of Bangalore. The current rates prevailing there is Rs 3400 / Sq. ft. My flat super built up area is 1380 Sq.ft.

Appreciate if my following queries can be answered by the experts.

1. What is guidance value? Is it different from the market value?

2. To what extent will it affect my flat registration?

Thanks & Regards,

Shekar

Learning

4 Replies

M Subramanian (Manager )     23 July 2011

Shekar, you can get the Guidance value from www.karirg.org/aspx/marketvalue/default.aspx  .  you need to know the District/ SRO/Main Area/Sub area to determine the correct Guidance value for your property.  Guidance Value is the minumum value fixed by Govt. for the property in respective area.  The registration cannot be done on a value less than Guidance Value.  Suggest you also consult your lawyer to get a better clarity on this.

Mahadeva Rao G (ADVOCATE)     27 July 2011

Dear Mr. Shekar,

It is correct what Mr. Subramanian has  told  about  the  Guidance value.  i.,e  Guidance Value is the minumum value fixed by Govt. for the property in respective area.  The registration cannot be done on a value less than Guidance Value.     Also  the  Market  value  is   different  from  the  Guidance Value.  that  is to say in  common  language  the  Market  value  varies depending on   the  demand ,  requirement, importance  of   the  proximity  to  any  new  development  in the  locality          Example : Airport coming  nearby  or a ring road  coming nearby  will  shoot  the  prices up  which  can  be  a  fancy  rates.       Every  now  and  then  and  for  every  street  the   Guidance  value  cannot  be  changed  on  daily  basis  by  the Govt.   Hence  the  Fixed Guidance value  for  a  particular  locality  which  will  be  renewed   whenever  there is  a  need  for  doing so  by  the  GOvernment.     But  the  market  value  keeps fluctuating  day  in and day out.     To maintain uniformity and to avoid  confusion  while  registering  the  property  the  Guidance  value of  the  property removes any  ambiguity  for  the  same.     The  details  of  guidance  value  can  be  obtained  from  the  jurisdiction Sub-register  office.      However  there  is  no  bar  in  you getting  the  property  registered  as  per  Market value  if  u wish   which of course  cannot  be  less  than the Guidance value.  Only thing u can end up paying  more stamp duty to the  Govt.   Nothing  affect  the  registration of u  r  flat  either  registered as  per  guidance value or higher  market  value.    Only  thing  is  exercise due diligence  regarding  scrutiny of  the  title  of  the  property  and  the  flow  of  title  deeds  are  in  order.

For  any more  clarification u can revert  back  to me  on sohan1912@rediffmail.com  or  on 9845285555  at Bangalore.  if  u  need  any  assistance  in scrutiny of documents  and registration of  the same.

Good Luck and  Warm Regards.

Mahadeva  Rao  G,  ADVOCATE,   9845285555,   BANGALORE.

ramesh babu (rrrrr)     19 March 2013

Hi Mahadeva Rao
I made a sale agreement for one resale flat in vinayaka layout, bhoopsandra with a deal of 2850persq.ft and while checking guide line value, it shows 3050.

Even If the seller is ready for that amount, cannot I register for 2850 ? I already made a sale agreement and what can be done now. Can you please give your expert opinion.

prashant pokharna (Senior Software Engineer)     18 May 2014

HI,

I am planning to buy a newly constructed flat which is land owner's share. He is asking for 50L and he wants everything by cheque. When i talked about the registration then he is saying that we'll do registration on guidance value which is 35L. Though he is saying that I'll get the loan on 50L from SBI and the cost of my flat will be counted as 50L only.  But I am not convinced with this.

So my question is : Is that the case that if we are buying from land owner's share which is first sale then we can do the registratioin on guidance value and can show that the price in market value ?

Will bank people give me loan on 50L or 35L ?

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Prashant.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register