25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

harassed husband (def)     08 November 2011

Guidance required

Dear Members,

Need advise on:

Divorce petition filed by wife in family court in her district of residence. Whenever the date of hearing is fixed, husband is threatened not to appear. Husband appeared twice but was misbehaved by opp party within & outside courtroom. His lawyer is also not willing to contest any further. 

Husband has indicated this infront of judge during earlier visit but judge has neither put this on record nor granted any relief. The dates of appearance are being fixed every 1-2 weeks, despite husband residing in a different state, (1200 miles) and that his life is in danger.

Can the husband pray for police protection before the next date of hearing? How and when? Can he get the petition transferred to some other district,but then on what grounds? How can husband bring this on record which can help him in moving TP?Grateful if you can supplement your answers with some links on previous judgements on TP.

Hoping to get some advise/inputs.


 3 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     08 November 2011

Dear Hraases

if really you get the threat from other party then you can filed TP before SC u/s 25 CPC with the ground of Danger for your lifr but before that it is my opinion that you filed a criminal case against other party to threatnd and danger in life with all the real facts and circumastances. and when you file TP before SC then all the copies of complaint and other relevant documents should attached with the petition.

feel free to call

1 Like

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     08 November 2011

You can seek police protection by filing to SP.


However, what you explained is a common tactics in many places.



Shonee Kapoor

rajiv_lodha (zz)     08 November 2011

Get proofs of their manhandling. These will help u in front of police & courts to proceed further.

Applying for POLICE PROTECTION is only a matter of record. Nothing will actually happen on this application, believe me!


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query