Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Grounds for annulation of marriage

Page no : 2

A V Vishal (Advocate)     06 June 2009

Dear Vishwa,

We know that you are pained and anguished at the events that have occured, but at the same time let me advise you that this is a open forum so kindly desist from using abusive and indecent language.

V.S.R.Deekshitulu (B.Sc, B.L)     07 June 2009

Miss Pooja

This is a forum for expressions. No execuses and apologies. since you say you are a student you have lot of concessions while posing questions but at the same time, you must understand that at the firstinstance a Lawyer should study a particular subject and then in case of doubt  has to take the advise of a senior. Spoon feeding is not correct .

Since you are studying law, I advise you to first study the subject in all angles and still if you entertain any doubt ask the senior.  Any how some of your questions and answers are interesting

Best of luck in education

1 Like

Vishwa (translator)     07 June 2009

Thank you Prabhakar once again for your reply.

As you say, the maintenance to step daughter is an unsettled question in law. Does it mean that a step child has the right to behave in any manner and still be entitled to be kept in style? In any case, the question is moot because the little twerp has gone to air-hostess training and should definitely get a job.

Even further, I am 61 years old and am eligible for retirement. My wife is 41, she claims she was a nurse and she ought to work and give me mainenannce to me instead! Seriously, how can the courts insist on person to pay maintenance if he is incapable (=too old) of working? Perhaps they may auction my house to pay off the wife.

I thank you for your concern regarding the rape allegation. This is a matter that depends upon the Police and the political forces controlling it. My wife made the mistake of resorting to local press and tv and this has backfired upon her and has exposed her loose character. On the otherhand, I have always enjoyed a good reputation and also have access to political support. It would be very difiicult to sustain this six months after the incident. They will not do this because obviously this would ruin the daughter's career.

After studying all these, I am preparing for launching a judicial action. The hurdle I am stuck at is  to find and  enage a good lawyer. Even then, my priority would be to sell the house and move on. The buyer can evict her any way he chooses. I can go back to France and collect my pension. She can never stop me from reaching France, whose passport I hold.

Please do tell me more, my learned friends. 

Vishwa (translator)     23 August 2009

Visiting this forum after a gap of a few weeks, I was pleasantly surprised to see that this thread started by me is among the most popular threads with a large number of views. I feel therefore that a brief update is quite justified.

Things are moving ahead slowly but steadily. I have at last succeeded in tracing out the old divorce case of my errant wife. Seeing that the case goes back to some fifteen years, this is indeed no mean exploirt. In the meantime courts had changed with family courts deciding on divorce etc.

The clincher is the form that we both filled up while getting the marriage registered. She mentioned very clearly here that she was widow (her husband had died long after the divorce and after remarrying again) thus making a false declaration in an official document.

According to my perception, it is an open and shut case with my dear wife landing up behind the bars. But the sad part is the local dumbass lawyers are very sceptical and are saying that such a case is unlikely to succeed.

I am indeed looking for a good lawyer with some fighting spirit and not to greedy with regard to fees in order to file the case. I would prefer some one located in Dehradun or Rishikesh or New Tehri or Nainital high court as the case is to be files in any or all of these courts.

Thanking  you one and all for participating in this debate and for giving me encouragement and hope.

Vishwa

Rishikesh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register