LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashu Gupta   07 March 2023

Grave crime committed by a district judge

A District Judge (Civil Judge, Junior Division) of Punjab & Haryana High Court has committed forgery of documents, fraud, false FIR and frivolous court case against an aggreived party to extort money and properties. Recently, the aggreived party has managed to gather extremely strong evidence (personal email chat messages) which expose the true nature of this judge. What should be the course of action now taken by the aggreived ? How should the judge be punished accordingly for the grave crimes he has committed ? Please provide help/suggestions.
A member of the Judiciary is expected to maintain extremely high standards, and here this judge has broken all the rules of conduct, justice and ethics expected from a judge. If a normal person committs a crime, he is punished. But if a judge commits such crimes, shouldn't that judge face a greater level of punishment ?? Because the sacred image and reputation of judiciary has been spoiled by his grave acts ?? Please help, the aggrieved party is senior citizen.

Learning

8 Replies

Jayjeet Das   07 March 2023

Write an email or letter to the home ministry they will take care of the consequences.

Ashu Gupta   07 March 2023

Thank you for your response. I have a question: To whom exactly in the home ministry should the letter be addressed ? And also, is this the preferred method of proceeding in such cases ? Please give some reference where it is written that a letter to the home ministry is the preferred course of action when filing a case against a District Court Judge.

Thanks in advance.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     08 March 2023

File a complaint before the Chief Justice of your High Court.

2 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     08 March 2023

Approach vigilance department Punjab & Haryana High Court with all evidence(s) in writing.

2 Like

Ashu Gupta   08 March 2023

Thank you so much for your response Sir. What are the chances that the complaint will be looked upon seriously by the vigilance department ? I mean, if it turns out that rather than prosecuting the judge for his crimes, the vigilance department overlooks the matter in an attempt to dilute the whole issue, then all the effort will go in vain. And this is a certain possibility that such bias generally prevails in all departments, be it judiciary or anywhere else. How to make sure that the complaint is investigated seriously ? Is approaching the media with all the facts/evidences first a good idea ?

Thanks in advance.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     12 March 2023

What are the chances that the complaint will be looked upon seriously by the vigilance department ? I mean, if it turns out that rather than prosecuting the judge for his crimes, the vigilance department overlooks the matter in an attempt to dilute the whole issue, then all the effort will go in vain.

THIS FORUM IS NOT SPEKESPERSON OF THE RELEVANT VIGILANCE DEPARTMENT.  HOWEVER THIS IS ALSO NOT AN STROLOGICAL FORUM.

And this is a certain possibility that such bias generally prevails in all departments, be it judiciary or anywhere else. How to make sure that the complaint is investigated seriously ?

THE COMPLAINT IS NOT SUBMITTED SI CERTAINLY TO BE GINORED.

Is approaching the media with all the facts/evidences first a good idea ?

NOR HARM. BUT NEVER EXPECT MEDIA TO MAKE A MIRACLE WITHOUT YOU MAKING A CPOMLAINT

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     12 March 2023

You have queried, inter alia, that, " What are the chances that the complaint will be looked upon seriously by the vigilance department ?"

Chances of complaint to be taken seriously and cognizence are very bright. Vigilence department is purposely created by any department. You will have to have faith and proceed. 

Further you have stated, "....I mean, if it turns out that rather than prosecuting the judge for his crimes, the vigilance department overlooks the matter in an attempt to dilute the whole issue, then all the effort will go in vain.'...'

It is your apprehension, which may come out true or otherwise, nothing can be predicted or presumed.

Beside this, you asked, "Is approaching the media with all the facts/evidences first a good idea ?"

No.     Beware media trial may fall back on you.

Ashu Gupta   12 March 2023

Thank you so much for your response Respected Dr J C Vashista Ji and Sh. Sudhir Kumar Ji.

Is it advisable to try and contact a retired Judge (High Court or District Court, not belonging to Punjab & Haryana High Court) to take up this matter as a lawyer and present it before the Chief Justice of P&H High Court, hoping that this complaint coming from a retd. Judge will bear more weightage in the eyes of the Chief Justice ?

I have one more question Sir. Assuming that the CJ or the vigilance department does not take appropriate action. In such case, can a letter to the Hon'ble Supreme Court be written about this whole issue ? I am asking this question considering all possibilities, so pardon me if my questions seem too far stretched.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register