LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pavan   01 April 2021

Grandfather property

My grand father's agriculture land  was divided into his 4 sons and this 4 son were named as pathadhar in pahani and 1b records.

My father converted this in to housing plots and registered the same in in year 2007 when I was minor.


Query:Can I clam this property now?


 7 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     02 April 2021

What is your father now and  the status of the Plot? 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     02 April 2021

What is the version of your father on inheritance and future arrangements and his say on your claim for a share?

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     02 April 2021


As per query property is transferred in your father's name. You are entitled to the property after your father's death or property transfer in your name by your father. You cannot unilaterally claim the property. 

sravan reddy (student)     02 April 2021

my father sold same property when I was minor.

Can I claim same property since my father inherited from my grandfather?

P. Venu (Advocate)     02 April 2021

The property belonged to your father. He had the discretion to sell. You are a legal heir for the property, if any, left intestate.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     02 April 2021

Whether your grandfather had the agriculture land as self acquired or inherited/ ancestral, stated to have been transferred to his 4 sons ?

ravi yudha (ceo, non-profit org)     03 April 2021

Just because the land was your grandfather's, doesn't mean it is ancestral property. 


Hindu ancestral property should have been inherited across 4 generations, undivided. It is hard to find such properties

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query