Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Luk4Indrani (Software)     29 August 2013

Grandchildren visitation

Hi, My wife does not allow my mother or my other family members to see or even speak my kid. But she does visit her home once a year and also talk to them everyday. Talks could not resolve the issue. how I can legally get my kid to visit my family or at least my mother?

Any help in this regard is greatly appreciated.


 3 Replies

dv (ghvhb)     30 August 2013

Your mother can file dv and custody sec 21 for dv and family court for custody

Luk4Indrani (Software)     30 August 2013

Hi , thanks so much for your response. I dont want a divorce because my wife will not agree for a mutual dv and also for the society's sake. I just want my mother to be able to see my kid atleast once a year. And my wife doesnt let my mom visit me or let me visit her. She threatens to leave with the kid if I did anything against her wish.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     31 August 2013

1.    Hire an advocate found via reference.

2.    File a Petition under GWA for custody and interim visitation of minor child(ren).

3.    Slowly built up interim visitation for natural father then extend grandparents into it.

4.    Unfortunately when natural parents are alive for minors there is no such Law whose help grandparents can take for visitation but via slowly building up tempo during granted interim visitation to natural father it is asked under general inherent powers of the GWA to extend the same for grandparents showing overall best interests for the minors best interest.

5.    Don’t get involved in quasi-criminal Laws via your mother in filing DV Act complaint case praying for visitation of minors at this stage.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query