Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raghav Arora   15 September 2021

Grabbing property - any separate section?

Some people have broken open my client's shop, thrown (stolen) all the machines in there and taken possession of the shop.
They want to build a hotel just behind it and so they have committed this mischief.

Is there any separate section that this will fall under? I have found 457 IPC to be the closest!

 3 Replies

Shashi Dhara   15 September 2021

If you are tenant then file private complaint in court .

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     15 September 2021

If you are living in Hyderabad city, submit online complaint as follows. Steps to Register FIR online with Telangana Police Step 1: Visit the Website of Telangana Police by opening the below Link. ... Step 2: Click on Citizen Services. Step 3: Click on Lodge Petition. ... Step 4: If you are a new user Click on Create Account. ... Step 5: Fill required information. Personal Details. ... Address Details.

Shubham Bhardwaj (Practice)     15 September 2021

Dear Mr Arora, The facts suggested by you indicate Commission of offences punishable under Section 425/426, 441/447, 378/379, 382 Indian Penal Code apart from the section you have mentioned. Further, also file an Application to District Magistrate under Section 145 Cr PC for restoring possession of the shop to your client. In my opinion do not go to civil court for taking back possession of shop. You will be wasting time in endless adjournments and other non-sense people do in court. A District magistrate is more than equipped to deal with such kind of events since he is the Administrative Head of a District and the entire police is under his control. IN case you need any assistance in drafting the Application, you may contact me through personal message (PM) option on this web site. Regards Shubham Bhardwaj (Advocate) District & Session Court, Chandigarh Punjab & Haryana High Court, at Chandigarh Disclaimer:- Opinion is only for guidance

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query