Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shrikanth (Engineer)     29 September 2014

Gpa required to apply for agricultural land pass book in ap

Hello Sir,

I am from Andhra Pradesh. My father has given money to one of our relatives to purchase an agricultural land(Total 23.5 acres) in the year 1992. Later my father has learned that he did purchase the land but he has registered major part of the land  in his name. Up on repeated appeals and requests he has given us a registration doc for (4.5 acres) in the year 1995.

The doc says that a person named Ramesh has the GPA to sell the land(4.5 acres) and the original owner of total agricultural land is Vikram. Vikram has issued a GPA to Ramesh to sell the land(GPA number is also mentioned in the sale doc).

My father did not realise then that he has to also apply for an agricultural passbook. Now we want get passbook for our land. When we approached the Mandal Revenue Officer for the same, he has said that we need to produce a copy of GPA which was issued by Vikram to Ramesh. 

We do not have it and we have learned that both Vikram and Ramesh have already expired. We also could not get any contact of their heirers. When we approcahed the Sub registrar office about the GPA doc,Registrar informed us that we are not authorised to get the doc. He says one of the two persons(Vikram or Ramesh) or their heirers are only authorised to apply for the doc. He refuses to even take our application form and insists that we cannot apply for the GPA.

As per advice from my friends I have found that  GPA can be applied by any person if we state  sufficient reason to get it . Can you please confirm if we are authorised to get the GPA copy from the registrar office. 

If no, please let me know how to proceed on this issue. Looking for an earliest response.

Thanks in advance.


 0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query