Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jayendranath (Sr.Manager)     03 January 2011

GPA on my father on my bro plot

Hi,

My brother have a plot in Hyderabad, India. He is staying is US. He wanted to sell the plot which is on his name. Can we register GPA on my father name and then sale the plot. Can any reply with GPA rules. Can my brother sign on GPA without coming to india.

\

Learning

5 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     03 January 2011

Yes, your brother can sell the property by executing a GPA in the US on a plain paper in favour of your father and get the same apostilled before the Counsular Officer at the Indian Embassy, once the POA comes to India it must be presented before the Registrar of Stamps and Registration under whose jurisdiction the agent resides and it is then adjudicated with proper stamp duty.

After this the POA may be used to execute the sale deed.

raj kumar ji (LAW STUDENT )     03 January 2011

agree with vishal sir

jayendranath (Sr.Manager)     03 January 2011

Thanks for immediate reply. My brother can get POA and notarized  it. Is it sufficient or need to follow same, rule of attending before consular is necessary. Please advice easiest way.

A V Vishal (Advocate)     03 January 2011

even a notary is sufficient

H.M.Patnaik (Proprietor)     03 January 2011

Dear Jayendra, Views expressed by Mr.Vishal on your query are perfectly in order. Don't try a shortcut way out

to clip your problem. When the executant indian citizen is located abroad, Indian law authorises the local

Indian embassy to apostile the requsite document which needs a registration in India . The instant 

procedure  has been fitted to ease out the requirement of Regn. law wherein the executant of a registrable

document is required to be personally present himself before the Regn. Authority  for signing at the time of

regn..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register