Upgrad LLM

gpa cancel


I went to USA in 2009 before leaving I have kept my brother as GPA Agent (Register in 2009). On my behalf my brother purchased a land in 2010 and I came back to India in 2012. I’ve cancelled the GPA in 2013. My question as follows

  1. In the sale deed it mentioned that on my behalf purchasing the land but my brother photo has been affixed, do I need to change that and affix my photo in the sale deed because of GPA cancelled? In that case what is the procedure to do?
  2. Whether my brother has any rights on that land?
  3. Whether I need his signature at the time selling?


Thanks in advance.


Answers to your questions...

1.  No need to change the photo.

2. Your brother will have no rights.

3. His signature is not required when you sell the property.

Please keep of a copy of GPA and also cancellation document with you... Actually they are also not necessary.....My advise is better to keep since you were in USA when the registration took place..




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x