There are few facts here.
1.The land of 2 acres given to her by registered gift deed is out of a big piece of 10 acres which was not sub-divided.
2. The gift deed was signed by only grandfather when there is a major son and from a joint family.
3. Grand father got this property from his father and ancestral.
4. She sold away one acre and never claimed the remaining acre. She does not know where the land is. She never stepped or cultivated this land. We have been in possession and enjoyment. This happened for the reason that she has taken money for this land and gave up the land. This happened about 30 years ago.
5. She got passbook, it appears, without we knowing about it. It is a news for us now receiving an enquiry notice from MRO.
6. Unfortunately it is quite common in some parts of India giving gift and buying it back. For so many reasons some of these lands not taken back by registered documents. Though it is not a good way of doing things but this is the reality which in many instances leads to legal disputes.