LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nikhil SHETTY   10 April 2021

gift deed on cash at bank

my grand mother wants to give me 2lakhs rupees from her bank account voluntarily, there is an objection from there children's that
not to give me. is gift deed a best option? how to draft a gift deed for cash or money in the bank accounts in order to legal free from problem
please some one explain in detail


 7 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     10 April 2021

Whether the property is her self acquired or ancestral property.  If it is her self acquired property, no one can object to her.  If it is ancestral, all legal heirs have rights over the property.   For movable properties gift deed is not necessary.  So ask her to give you a Gift check. 

Nikhil SHETTY   11 April 2021

sir, the bank account is in the name of grand mother its her own amount she kept in form of fixed deposit, there children are telling that it's there money, in reality it's not
my grand mother wants to transfer me with her own wish
please suggest on this?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     11 April 2021

She is competent to transfer the amount to any one (including you or me), even if there is objection from any one.

Shashi Dhara   11 April 2021

Simply take your grandmother to bank ,let she withdraw money ,you take it and disappear ,hire a taxi and send your GM to her all this without knowledge to her children' it is money  spend it within week and come back.if they quarrel file complaint against them.why u worry advocates are ready to rescue in court of law.

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     11 April 2021

she can liberty to transfer any one as her own wish

GANDHI MOHAN BHARATI (Pensioner)     11 April 2021

Why go to all the trouble of taking her. Take a cheque from her and deposit it in your account.

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     11 April 2021

Better to obtain a cheque from her and secure it in your account or invest it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register