LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

naveen   09 January 2015

Gift deed from my father to me

My father wants to gift deed a property to me. The property is not ancestral property. This was self acquired by my dad though his hard work. This has been agreed by me and my brother.

I just want to make sure that i do not face any problems in near future. I want to confirm can this gift deed be challenged by my brother?


 3 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     09 January 2015

Get the gift deed properly drafted and register it.

Yash (Sr. Manager - Legal)     10 January 2015

If gift deed is registered and so long as the property is self acquired property of the donor, you will not face any problem by your brother. As a safer side, take signature of your brother in the gift deed.

Hemant Agarwal ( Mumbai : 9820174108)     15 June 2015

1.  IF the "Gift Deed", is duly registered, THEN "nobody) can challenge it, which includes any and all the family members, which includes the donor (father) himself.

2.  A duly registered Gift Deed, is a conclusive and non-revocable document.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query