Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Srinivas (Systems Analyst)     08 August 2011

Gift deed from mother to daughter

Hi Advocate,

My grandmother has two daughters(no sons). My mother is the younger one and 1year back grandmother has gifted an house(in which we all are staying) to my mother in the form of gift deed and it has been registered too at sub-registrar office.

My grandmother is staying with us since 10years in the same house in AndhraPradesh and the other daughter is staying in another place.

My questions are

1) Do my grand-mother have the power to revoke the registered gift deed?

2) Will there be any legeal issues with respect to the property from the other daughter that my grandmother has?

3) Do my mother has the power to sell the house after the demise of my grand-mother?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards,

Srinivas R

Learning

6 Replies

Srinivas (Systems Analyst)     08 August 2011

To add some more info, the property is not ancestral property. It has been purchased 15years back.

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     08 August 2011

If this property is own property of your grandmother then she is gift this property to your mother (her daughter), and the other daughter is not any claim for that. After demise your grandmother your mother sale this property any one. 

THANKACHAN V P (Advocate & Notary)     08 August 2011

1.Since the Gift has been accepted by your mother, Grandma cannot revoke it.

2.No.Your mother's sister cannot challenge it.

3.If no life interest is reserved upon the house by your Grandma,your mother can alienate the property even during the life time of your Grandma (though I do not advice to do so)

(Guest)
yes your mother has become the absolute owner by this gift deed and it was the self acquired property of you maternal grandmother and no body have interest in that

kuldeep kumar (lawyers)     09 August 2011

ans-no

no

yes

Srinivas (Systems Analyst)     10 August 2011

Thank you very much sir for the reply. My queries are answered.

Regards,

Srinivas R

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register