LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

devaki (nil)     24 November 2014

Gift deed


 I want some clarification regarding gift deed property where my father transferred some property to my sister who got married away in the recent times[ 2014]. Actually gift deed executed in the year 2005.but now my father wants his property back because he wants to transfer the property to my mom where my sibblings are not ready to take responsibilities of parents.So right now he wants to transfer his property to my mom.I want suggestion from your club where i want to approach further on the base of your suggestions to take action.


 2 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     25 November 2014

Dear, Gift once made cannot be revoked, has the property been registered in your sister's name ? Kapil chandna adv, 9899011450

Sandhya Srinivas (Advocate & Legal consultant)     25 November 2014

Gift cannot be revoked.

Gift can be revoked in such cases where certain terms and conditions imposed by the donor to donee to fulfill and  your sister fails to fulfill.  

Your father unilaterally cannot cancel the gift deed . He has to approach the court for cancellation of the gift deed and your sister reserves the right to challenge.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads