Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

himani (Manager)     23 May 2011

Getting married without parent

Hi,

Me and my boyfriend are planning to get married with no ones will but ours.

I am a 27 years old Rajput girl and in love with 25 years old SC boy. My Family is liberal enough but just the fact that I am not accepted in his family  they have denied too. His family is dead against our relationship and hence we thought of getting married in Arya Samaj without telling any one, the idea is to keep on asking them to agree and if they dont after all our efforts we dont have to be insecured as we will be married.

Please advice is there any thing I should be worried about? How secure I am with the Arya Samaj wedlock, as its certainly an intercast and with no ones consent.

Thank you

Learning

9 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by :himani
"
Hi,

I am a 27 years old Rajput girl and in love with 25 years old SC boy. My Family is liberal enough but just the fact that I am not accepted in his family  they have denied too. His family is dead against our relationship and hence we thought of getting married in Arya Samaj without telling any one, the idea is to keep on asking them to agree and if they dont after all our efforts we dont have to be insecured as we will be married.

Please advice is there any thing I should be worried about? How secure I am with the Arya Samaj wedlock, as its certainly an intercast and with no ones consent.

Thank you
"

Arya Samaj wedding is perfectly valid in law as you are both legally in marriageable age. In fact, Arya samaj issues certificate also, so that solves the problem futher.

But, as for security...In today's India, marriage security has considerably decreased. When you marry with your parents' consent, at least you can turn to them if this relationship does not work out. Marrying without your parents' consent will make you face all the future consequences all alone.

I would suggest you to try convincing the parents on both sides, you will really need their blessings throughout your married life!

(Guest)

REGARDING THE MARRIAGE  KINDLY SERIOUSLY. NOTE THAT.

1.YOU ARE A RAJPUT GIRL AGED 27 YEARS. AND BOY IS SC AGED 25 YEARS.

2 OPPOSITION FOR MARRIAGE FROM PARENTS OF BOY AND GIRL.

3.AS BEING A GIRL YOU SHOULD BE VERY CAREFUL AND KINDLY NOTE THAT.

A.YOU BELONG TO A PARTICULAR COMMUNITY AND HAVE BE BORN AND BROUGHT UP WITH CERTAIN RELIGIOUS TRADITIONS. AND THE BOY IS FROM DIFFERENT RELIGIOUS TRADITION AND HENCE IS USED TO SOME OTHER RELIGIOUS TRADITIONS.HENCE BEFORE MARRIAGE YOU YOURSELF HELP YOURSELF AND VISIT AND TRY TO FIND OUT THE RELIGIOUS CUSTOMS FOLLOWED BY THE BOY AND HIS FAMILY AND WHETHER YOU WILL BE ACCOMMODATED AND WILL BE ABLE TO FOLLOW THE SAID CUSTOMS.

4. KINDLY NOTE THAT IT IS A QUESTION OF YOUR ENTIRE FUTURE LIFE SO DO NOT MAKE ANY HASTE AND SERIOUSLY COLLECT DETAILS ABOUT THE SOURCE OF INCOME AND HOUSE ACCOMMODATION AND OTHER DETAILS OF THE GROOM.YOU CAN EASILY GET THESE DETAILS FROM SECURITY AGENCY SERVICES.

5AND AFTER ALL THESE IN CASE YOU STILL DECIDE TO MARRY THEN IT IS ADVISIBLE THAT YOU SHOULD GET YOUR MARRIAGE REGISTERED AS PER HINDU MARRIAGE ACT WITH THE MARRIAGE REGISTRAR.THAT WILL ENTITLE YOU FOR ALL LEGAL RIGHTS OF A MARRIED WOMAN FOR MAINTAINENCE ,DIVORCE AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES.

5.YOU SHOULD INSIST FOR REGISTRATION OF MARRIAGE ,YOU MAY FILE AFFIDAVIT OF BOTH BOY AND GIRL IN SUPPORT OF REGISTRATION OF YOUR MARRIAGE.IT INCLUDES NO PREVIOUS MARRIAGE OF BRIDE OR GROOM. YOU SHOULD BE CAREFUL.IT WILL PROTECT YOU FROM ANY SORT OF CHEATING AND HARASSMENT AND HARDSHIPS IN YOUR MARRIED LIFE.

6.KINDLY NOTE THAT PARENTS ALWAYS LOVE THEIR CHILDREN AND WILL ALWAYS THINK AND ADVISE FOR THE BETTER LIFE OF THEIR CHILDREN.SO TRY TO FIND OUT THE REASON BEHIND THE OPPOSITION BY PARENTS FOR THE MARRIAGE .YOU WILL GET THE ANSWER AND YOU CAN TAKE YOUR OWN DECISION.GOOD LUCK.

1 Like

sharad raghav - 9990549475 (lawyer)     23 May 2011

hi himani,

yes it is true that a marriage in arya samaj is perfectly valid and the certificate issued by the arya samaj society is well recognized in our laws but for more assurance, u should go for the registration of that certificate.and as far as the matter of protection is concern u can go to police station.but further it would be all best if u guys convince ur parents.

M Anand Raju (HR )     23 May 2011

Very Well Adviced !

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     23 May 2011

Both r meet your parents and tell them for your Real Love, I think cast is not important in LOVE, but u give promise to your parents that we r not quarrel each other and (girl) like to stay with her father-in law and mother - in -law.  

mamta kaura wadehra (lawyer)     24 May 2011

get ur marriage registered after getting d  marriage certificate from arya samaj mandir.

seek d directions fr H.C for ur local police to provide u protection .

this will give both of u  absolute  security

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     24 May 2011

Please advice is there any thing I should be worried about?

---   if you are from north india; be aware of your in laws, because honour killing common there. better not to go.

rest are ok.

Balasubramanian (Consultant)     12 June 2011

very good advice Sir.

Aanchal (Senior manager)     13 July 2011

Hi Himani, I can very well relate to you as I myself got married in a similar situation few years back. And I am really glad of my decision, otherwise our parents would have married us to someone else. I am very happy to be with someone who loves me.

If you think that your partner is trustworthy and will stick to you forever, then you should go for it. There is no harm in Arya Samaaj marriage and it is perfectly legal.You need not worry about the circumstances as both your families will be with you.

Good luck for your future. You can get in touch with me if you need any help/advice.

Originally posted by :himani
" Hi,

Thank you
"

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register