LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

newnew (fhjghk)     08 July 2013

Genuine court notice response


I suffered from a chain snatching theft incident about more than a year back. As a customary measure, I recorde an FIR with the nearby police station. It's been more than a year and highly unlikely to nab the culprits. The problem came at a point when I received the court's notice to appear as a plaintiff along with the investigating officer. As a respectful and abiding citizen , I did attend the court's hearing but the IO was unable to file in the right and adequate papers regarding the case.

Recently, I received a fresh notice regarding the same case and my appearance is required. I wish to ask , if I tend to bypass this notice and decide not to attend this hearing, will there be any liability on me. It is highly unlikely for the police to nab the culprits now.  And it is a waste of time for me and the investigating officers.


I wish to know the easiest available procedure regarding this case.


Thank you



 6 Replies

vivek malhotra (Advocate)     08 July 2013

you cannot ignore the court notice. You must go there to attend the court proceedings failing which warrants may be be issued against yourself due to your non appearance.


Vivek Malhotra


newnew (fhjghk)     08 July 2013

Thank you for your response. I am the plaintiff here. Will it not be dismissed if the complainant is absent at the hearing. I do not wish to carry forward any proceedings in this case.

vivek malhotra (Advocate)     08 July 2013

This is a criminal case. Civil case can be withdrawn. But in Crimimal the trial of the case must go on. The district courts do not have any power to close the FIR without any findings or result.

You dont have to worry in the present case. You are complainant and official witness summoned by the court. And the official witness is like a guest for the court.


VIvek Malhotra


1 Like

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     08 July 2013

it is wise to appear before the court and submit a petition about your invoncivinece to appear as the place of work does not give your leaves very frequent and request for non appearance in future dates but will cooperate police officials when every they need your appearance 

1 Like

newnew (fhjghk)     08 July 2013

I appreciate your response Mr Vivek. Once again Thank you

newnew (fhjghk)     08 July 2013

Thank you Mr Mahesh. Can you brief me up on the petition synopsis.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register