LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     25 January 2010

Gender Neutral Laws- supporting the government

I am born to be a opposition member in a democratic society. Probably I expect too much from public authorities, or value too much the democratic ethos. But occassionally I support the government.

The recent statement of the Law Minister (I really respect Mr. Law Minister) that laws will be made gender neutral in next four years. https://www.ptinews.com/news/483175_Laws-will-be-made-gender-neutral-in-four-years--Moily

This is need of the hour. Various laws has become so lop sided in favour of feminism that India has become a dangerous society for men to live- be it workplace, home or street. Such laws are supported by miniscule vocal feminist minority whereas a large majority consisting of both men and women are suffering silently (this is one of the drawback of democracy- a vocal miniscule minority is heard more against silent majority). However, lately the masculist movement has started gaining strength due to severe misuse of dowry laws, rape laws, maintainance & custody laws, abuse of s*xual harassment laws at workplace etc. The majority is no more silent, and hence the government has started listening.

But there is a danger. Miniscule feminist minority will raise hue and cry aginst any such change as their financing/receipt of contribution/government grant depends upon existence and perpetuation of such laws. The majority has to understand this and raise their voice as and when needed. Save Indian Family is doing their work deligently and I hope they shall be able to garner sufficient voices to support this endeavour of government.

Well done Mr. Minister.

Learning

3 Replies

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     25 January 2010

I  WHOLE   HEARTEDLY   SUPPORT   YOU.

We ( not only men, effected women also) want gender nutral laws. Art 15 (3) of The Constitution of India ie, "Nothing in this article shall prevent the State from making any special provision for women and children" should be explained properly,in the light of Art 14 &15(1) - the equlity clause & prohibition clause. Where women are not equal with men, and deprived by men and the society, there this art 15(3) should bring into operation, with a specific target to equalise the men and women.

I am affraried that these efforts may be victim of political agenda of MAN VS WOMAN.

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     25 January 2010

please read 'man vs woman' politics, instead of man vs woman.

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     26 January 2010

Politics has a tendency to make "vote banks", i.e. a vocal group of miniscule minority by giving them undue benefits and placing the cost of such benefits on large majority. Such benefits become self perpetuating. It is typical split bill problem.

Say for example total population of 100, with a minority group of 5. Government decide to dole out Rs. 50 on the minority group and distribute the cost on rest 95 people. Every person in the minority group gets Rs. 10 and hence very vocal to support the undue benefit. Whereas the majority is silent because the cost person is small, i.e. Rs. 50 divided among 95 persons, approximately 55 paise. Removing such benefit is impossible as whatever government will remove this benefit will be opposed by 5% people who will loose heavily, however support of majority will be lukewarm as benefit per person will be much less.

There is Ministry of Women and Child development. It spends 50,000/- crores in a year without doing anything. Basically the ministry is merely distributing this money in form of grant, largesse etc. to feminist organisation. If such grant is stopped, elected government faces a small disgruntled group who will oppose it in the election, whereas majority will be silent as per capita benefit is small. This is the logic of demand of "Ministry of Men's & child welfare" so that pernicious effect of feminism can be countered which is chiefly financed by public money through Minsitry to Women & Child development.

Understanding politics is a difficult thing, as here what appears to happen never happens.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register