Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     25 August 2010

Gender discrimination

Gender discrimination

When it started among the Hindu society not very clear. When marriage not introduced at the society, then women had the full liberty upon her. She was not under her father or the s*xual partner of a male or her son. It was Manu who declared that a woman will be under her father – before marriage, under her husband – after marriage, under her son in her old age. It is not that, the Manu wants to dominate or exploit the females; the purpose was good and effective governance. A modern government was not there, like today. It was not established on those days. We can easily imagine that law and order situation was worst in comparison to today. There should be a person who will -

Govern;

Look after;

Take care;

to the females. For this purpose he engage, father, husband & son. It was not for the purpose to exploit the women. In a later stage, male started exploitation, in the name of Manu. Now there is a stable and established Government exist in India, who take care of its citizens properly, therefore, exploitation and discrimination on the basis of gender, almost removed. Previously it was male dominated and exploited the females. Now a day’s a reverse trend is appearing. Now female dominate and exploit the male by the help of police, court and law. If the previous stage was bad, then the present stage is also bad and requires it’s reversal to reach to an equilibrium position that is gender neutral state, where the law, and the Government and the Parliament will be neutral as it works today in case of religion. Too much disturbance and chaos going on at home, just like a bull in the china shop.

Learned members please comments.

Learning

8 Replies

Renuka Gupta ( Gender Researcher )     25 August 2010

Dhol, Ganvar, Shudra, Pashu ,Naari

Ye Sab Tadan Ke Adhikari

I hope everyone knows from where the above mentioned quote has come. 

There is nothing for me to comment. If you think women are all empowered, you are confusing process with the longed for outcome. 

Less said the better. 

RG

Renuka Gupta ( Gender Researcher )     25 August 2010

Correction: The lesser said the better!

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     25 August 2010

@ Renuka ji,

"Dhol, Ganvar, Shudra, Pashu ,Naari Ye Sab Tadan Ke Adhikari"

According to you, where from this doha comes?

It is not from Manu but Tulsidas.

(Guest)

Let us for a change take the "gender discrimination" from social expetations way!

Today’s couples have failed to lift the fog of distrust and chaos, which environ their relationship. The ever-increasing divorce cases, owing to marital discords, demand national attention from the custodians of society. Why it’s that the vows taken at time of tying the nuptial knot become a thing of zero interest just within few months of marriage? The social scientists need to evolve means that infuse better values in one of the most respectable institutions carved by our forefathers. 

Unfortunately, reckless behaviour patronized by the women’s organizations and purely commercial considerations of professional legal community members threaten to engulf the sanctity of marital bonds. Individualistic life style can / will always come in the way of developing mutual respect for each other. It’s quite clear that new laws introduced to keep the rights of woman intact have started breaking homes!! I mean they have led to zero-tolerance level among women, who are using them for all the wrong reasons. We all know damn well from the neighborhood how empowered women uses IPC S. 498a / DV Act to destroy every 16th. neighborhood home. It is sad to know that your next door aam adami do get the bail but the experience has made all these aam adami sad and demoralized thinking is there anything in setting up a family for me?

Some introspection:

a. Feminists harm the causes of women more than men’s attitude towards them.

b. Overkill of Saas-Bahu serials in the Indian tube in the past decade have changed the Indian woman’s mentality. A 14-yr-old girl who watched Tulsi Virani in 2000 is now 24 and probably married. She is being fed about marriage what the producers dished during her formative years and not what her mom imbibed in her. Of course, her mom tuned on to the channels while she joined them. Can’t blame any one though.

c. Being educated doesn’t mean to be haughty or promiscuous. Unfortunately, increasing number of Indian females believe that way. Both the things are perfect recipes for marital discord. India is not the West after all that it is dramatically being forced changed into!

d. A little dominance over the wife by the husband would solve many problems. If a woman wants to keep her family intact and happy, she should willfully accept it. Else, a shout for a shout will turn the home into a boxing ring.

Even the men need to understand that times have changed. They should provide healthy space to women. However, the role reversal has given to all sorts of problems as we are still not clear about division of work. Recently, we saw how children in Mumbai committed suicide. One of the chief factors behind such incidents is lack of understanding and adjustment between the couples. That never allows them to take care of children since all the time they are busy solving their own problems. Since both of them are working, the child is usually is at the mercy of God (kaam wali bai). The child is bound to take wrong steps because he / she is devoid of skills of offering resistance to wrong emotions.

Unless marriage is kept above contract based perceptions vis-a-vis sentiments echoed by the Hindu scripttures it would be impossible to think of better future for modern time marriages. Indians waste so much money in marriages only to waste more money in unnecessary legal cases. It’s really a comical development. A little application of brain and some scope for role of samskaraas will definitely save the Indian marriages thus regain their lost splendour.

I think there is a huge confusion regarding the work distribution arena too. Now it’s a huge shame for women to work indoors. Everybody is interested in turning into a working women. Look at the matrimonial adv. it says earns in 5 figures (urban adv.) and anything below is innocent homely girl (rural adv. say Tier II n III cities) ! Because that is in tune with the times and it also very well in tune with wishes of the feminists too !!

I recently read that French government is going to introduce laws that will deal with psychological violence against women. No need to tell readers here that they be soon introduced in
India as well !! More confusion. More disorder. More Hare Rama Hare Krishna and Joginis in the making…..

Let woman be on the top !! A aam adami may not have any problems with that as long as that does not lead to a home on fire !!

I remember one of the recent advice of Hon'ble Supreme court that says "keep the wife happy if you are interested in bringing stability in your home"…….Lordships, I believe in law kya karey "compensation" aur "direct taxation" ka jama aay gaya hai.

Time for petticoat influence to rule the roost !! But have a fire station within realm of each Indian home too is aam adami modest take !!

Sadly, we are living in a country wherein to talk about old order of Hinduism is an unpardonable crime in the eyes of secular dogs read with feminists influence to cloud normal aam adamis natural instincts for survival ! However, one thing should be clear to all of us: Laws cannot be effective in absence of collective will to promote mutual trust and sense of well-being in the family.

PS.:
”Murgi Ka Jaane Ande Ka Kya Hoga, Life Milegi Ya Tave Pe Fry Hoga Koyi Na Jaane Apana Future Kya Hoga.......”

Amen……keep walking and talking…......…

1 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     26 August 2010

One learned member once raised a question that, if rural women started complaining, the number of complainee will be incrased drastically. she forgot that, if the rural women start raising domestic complains the rural men will come forward in protest and the ratio will be same.

In fact, the rural women start complaining long before say about 10 years back.

vishal yadav (ADVOCATE)     27 September 2010

THE GAME OF COMA....

"Dhol, Ganvar, Shudra, Pashu ,Naari Ye Sab Tadan Ke Adhikari"

THIS IS WRONG DOHA.... THE RGT ONE IS.....

"Dhol, Ganvar Shudra, Pashu Naari Ye Sab Tadan Ke Adhikari"

1 Like

Renuka Gupta ( Gender Researcher )     27 September 2010

Thank you Vishal for pointing it out, was a typo, but yes I liked the way you have pointed it out!

(Guest)

What osho said earlier is here ;

Have you respected your wife as a human being?
Then, if anger arises, it is natural. If she feels frustrated—because her life is running out and she has not known any joy, she has not known any bliss, she has not known anything that can give meaning and significance to her life….
Have you just sat by her side sometimes, silently, just holding her hand, not saying a word, just feeling her, and letting her feel you? No, that is not done in India at all.
Wives and husbands have only one kind of communication: quarreling. I have been acquainted with thousands of Indian families, I have stayed with thousands of Indian families. While I was traveling all over the country I was staying with so many families that I have come to know almost all kinds of families, but very rarely have I seen husbands and wives respectful to each other. Using each other, exploiting each other, reducing each other to things, but never respecting each other's divinity—then this hell is created. 

One of the great Hindu saints, Tulsidas, who is worshipped and read all over India by every Hindu, has a strange statement: Dhol gamar pashu aur nari. Ye sab tadan ke adhikari. He is categorizing women with drums—dhol means drum, gamar means idiots, pashu means animals, and nari means woman. All these four are constantly to be beaten. The dhol, the drum, will not work if you don't beat it. So for thousands of years Indian women have been beaten. It has been taken for granted, there is no question.

I have come across situations where a husband was beating his wife and I could not tolerate it and I entered their house, and I was amazed: more than the husband, the wife was against me, saying, "He is my husband, you cannot interfere in our affairs. If he is beating me, it is perfectly okay."
So deep has the conditioning gone. hari02

In Indian villages I have seen with my own eyes…In India you cannot marry a widow. It is really the same logic because if people start marrying widows then who cares about virginity? In a strange way widows look more beautiful. Perhaps they have to look more beautiful, otherwise who is going to be interested in them? Virgins are inexperienced, look childish; widows are experienced, well polished, more attractive. But in an Indian village, if you marry a widow, the whole village—which is still a tribe—boycotts you, and the boycott is total. You cannot take water from the village well, you cannot purchase anything from any village shop; nobody will welcome you into his home.
The village will simply forget about you as if you don't exist. You cannot live; it is impossible. If you cannot purchase anything and nobody speaks to you, if you cannot even get water from the well, life has become impossible. What kind of freedom…? shanti25

2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register