LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rashmil Shergill   14 March 2021

Gate on common stairs and dog issue



 3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     15 March 2021

If you are having a society get it settled through a formal oral complaint and as far as possible get it settled.  If all such attempts fail, you may take the assistance of other neighbours, Advocate, and police for a remedy against such nuisance.

1 Like

Rashmil Shergill   15 March 2021

Thank you so much for the reply. No its builder floor. Under which section I can place a complaint since ot stoped my sunlight and air. Also it the dog barking on common stairs when ever someone comes give mental trauma. Also it stop us to reach top floor to check water tank or for cleaning. Its is mentioned in our deed that during regular hours we can go on top floor for maintenance. It does not mention anywhere I need to take permission. Also its is mentioned on deed that common area like stairs, entrance will remain common for everyone. I am sure he is not suppose to install gate on common stairs. Kindly advice

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     15 March 2021

The duty of the complainant citizen is to file a complaint regarding the nuisance, and it is up to the jurisdictional PS Station House Officer, who provides a copy of the FIR mentioning those attracted sections for that nuisance.  Generally, Police are said to be 24x 7, they may not register a complaint on simple issues and may call the concerned and take an undertaking/bind over a letter or give counseling and all these depend on the power of the opposite party and his influence.

You may have to deal with multiple authorities and if maintenance is being paid by you, you are stepping into the shoes of the consumer, and can file a simple online complaint about all violations of the deed stating all of them as deficiency of services and can claim compensation for harassment, costs, etc and sending a simple notice is enough for filing an online complaint before the District Consumer Forum.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register