LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

arulsagai (Team leader - legal services)     09 June 2008

FUTURE OF LPO INDUSTRY

Hi folks ,please share your views on the FUTURE OF LPO INDUSTRY.

Learning

10 Replies

Manish Singh (Advocate)     09 June 2008

it has a great future in india and abroad both. In indian context, we know that for next couple of years foreign companies are goin to get huge benefits while outsourcing legal works from India.

Even in a near future when foreign attorneys will be allowed to practice in India, lawyers working in LPOs are definitely goin to be the topmost choice for those firms, since those laywers would be wll aware of those country's law in detail.

so this is definitely goin to be a huge benefit for them

Guest (n/a)     09 June 2008

i am interested to work in LPO industry. were iam a law graduate with first class percentage.(63 %).

Guest (n/a)     10 June 2008

What is future in LPO in Pune

Hardik (Lawyer)     10 June 2008

Then apply for the LPO jobs online... y r u asking our permission... Understand the discussion first...

Hardik (Lawyer)     10 June 2008

Thinking different way ... that if BPO touch it's saturations and now people turn from it... then same thing could be happen to LPO too.... In my opinion not great future as it looks...

Guest (n/a)     11 June 2008

Sir,

I have been appered in the Examination LLB Final and result is awaiting  and I have beeing working in the Field of Taxation and Administration from 2001 to till now with some Accountants' and Lawyers but now I want to work in LPO for Corporate and Tax Laws. Please tell me what should I do ?

(Guest)

Hi,

THe LPO industry is a very touchy issue especially at this stage. Most of the work that is being outsourced is considered clerical of nature in the US for e.g. Document Review. There is very little in common between US and Indian Law. Maybe UK LPOs will still give us some exposure.

Also Lawyers, Like all lawyers around the world are notoriously traditional and will vehemently oppose any perceived or actual shift that would have the potential to shift  jobs from the home country. The legal industry in the US is an amazingly powerful industry and have the power to change the course of policy decisions. The best attack for them until now has been data security - which is the holy grail for corporations around the world especially US.

The LPO industry is at an exciting stage and which will open up new avenues for lawyers in India. Until now they had very little to look forward to except litigation or civil court procedures under lawyers or one man law firms. Both of which are rich in experience but have no financial incentive for Law graduates - especially the new ones with no godfathers - to continue.

There is no doubt that eventually economics will prevail and work will have to be outsourced to India. There is always a life cycle involved in any new development. So the fear that the market will be saturated is obvious. The way to beat this is to diversify with newer and improved product and technologies and eventually we will move up the value chain. There is no shortage of talent here. The only hitch is Indian firms are notorious for not sharing profits with employees and are not known to be good paymasters. The MNCs recognize this and play on this to attract sharp talent.

Guest (n/a)     11 June 2008

hopefully lpo are to be the instant employing sector.knowledge of lpo is lackin g a lot in law students .time to explain about lpo

Guest (n/a)     18 June 2008

Hi there,

Kindly email me your resume on the following email Id

We'll get back to you very soon

info@kpoplacements.com

or visit

www.kpoplacements.com

Thanks

Dhiraj

Abhinav (Associate)     31 December 2010

As a result of higher costs and fees of operating a business in Western countries, outsourcing firms in the East have become a new practical choice for both multinational clients and job-seekers alike. It has been seen that outsourcing in any sector (IT, law etc.) starts with lower-end work. But, this trend is currently changing and more clients are seeking high-end specialized services too in all sectors of the KPO/BPO industry. Thus, outsourcing in all sectors is bound to grow. For instance, the legal outsourcing industry is still new and has not fully developed. We have very few offshore legal service providers that provide specialized high end legal services. Once this trend of specialized high-end legal outsourcing gains more pace, greater amount and variety of legal work will be outsourced.

Abhinav

https://www.sddglobal.com

High End Legal Outsourcing

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register