Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prasanna (Accounts Officer)     19 April 2013

Education

Dear All,

Am working in Contract & Procurement department in a company, my qualification is B com & MBA,  now I want do some higher studies related to my Job. Can anyone please suggest me for Higher studies related to law degree through Distance education and please mention the university also.

Prasanna N

Learning

4 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     19 April 2013

in india there is no such college which offers law degree as correspondence or evening colleges 

Annamalai University; Kakatiya University; Madurai-Kamaraj University; Centre for Distance Education, Acharya Nagarjuna University; National Law School of India University

check out those above universities but if they offer and what is the standing before bar council of india has to be ascertained before taking up in those universitties 

as some say that evening and correspondence is not valid only degree is available and you cannot enrol in bar council to practice 

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     19 April 2013

(iv) “Centres of Legal Education” means

(a) All approved Departments of Law of Universities, Colleges of Law, Constituent Colleges under recognized Universities and affiliated Colleges or Schools of law of recognized Universities so approved. 

Provided that a Department or College or Institution conducting correspondence courses through distance education shall not be included.

for you reference i am giving the extract from the rules of bar council of india of 2008

ajay sethi (lawyer)     19 April 2013

join law college which offers evening classes . you are already well qualified . you can attend lectures in evening after work and complete your law course

1 Like

Prasanna (Accounts Officer)     19 April 2013

Sir thanks for your reply,

can you suggest me which type of course i have to choose for my career like BL, Business law etc

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register