LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

GOKULDAS KAMATH (EX BANKER)     21 April 2012

Deficient service

I had approached a lawyer on 23.2.2012 to get anticipatory bail in a police case and paid him advance of Rs.10000 on his demand.Next day he made me to sit in his office for 4 hours to sign a vakalatnama (a blank form).He told me to abscond for 8 days and go out of station for a week by which time I can get AB.From 02.03.2012 there was a problem in the civil court followed by indefinite strike by lawyers which ended on 24.03.2012.It is learnt that on 09.03.2012 my case came up before th megistrate in the absense of my lawyer who was on strike and my AB was rejected whereas Accused no.2 was granted AB on the sameday.In fact Accused no.2 had approached his lawyer on 28.02.2012.But,my lawyer did not inform me that my AB is rejected by the court.Whenever I call him over his mobile,he does not  attend to it.I met him personally in his office on 25.03.2012.He told me that he is making appeal in the high court and already asked for the certified copy of AB granted to accused no.2 and appeal will be filed on next day.He told me that if I come to know why accused no.2 is granted AB,i will commit suicide and that my stars are not good.He further told that accused no.2 has given a statement to the police that I am solely involved in the case.He changed his version this time stating that I can move freely as police can not arrest a heart patient in the absense of AB.

I telephoned my lawyer on 13.04.2012 to know the fate of my AB.He did not attend my call.I was calling him continuously.It seems it irritaed him and replied me irritately over mobile that he is very busy and call me afterwards.In the evening I went to his office to know the fate of my AB.Lawyer told me that by calling him continuously ,his mobilee charger has adversely affected and that my AB case will come up for hearing on 16.04.2012 and I will get AB by 19.04.2012 and there was delay in getting the certified copy of AB granted to accused no.2 as it is very important document to get my AB .He told me that as my stars are not good I am not getting AB.Thereafter ,there is no communication from him.Today since morning I am trying to contact him but he is not picking the phone.He had also assured me of filing a PCR against the police for not registering my complaint once I get the AB as he advised me that  it is not advisable to file a private complaint before getting AB

It appears that he has not put up my papers before high court for appeal and avoiding me and putting the blame on my stars.He is taking me for a ride in spite of paying his dues.Because my stars are good I am not yet arrested.I am totally disgusted with the attitude of my lawyer and not able to take any decision to proceed further  in the matter.

I hereby humbly request the forum to give me a suitable guidance what can I do in this matter.As per google search,this lawyer has advertised himself as a legal advisor and service provider.Legal fraternity may not like to advise me anyhing against this lawyer.But,I hope to get a suitable guidance from experts on above referred matter

Learning

1 Replies

H. S. Thukral (Lawyer)     21 April 2012

since it involves your freedom, you change your lawyer immediately and then if you are interested you can file a complaint against the Lawyer with State Bar Council. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register