LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arun (Team Lead)     07 February 2010

Can Incompatability be cause for Divorce

I have been married since Jan 2008 and have seperated in November 2008 due to the following reason

1) For my wife her Job is more important than anything despite of the fact that she promised to have work life balance after marriage.

2) She has spoiled relationship with my elder sis and doesnt care about my younger brother who is wholesole my responsibility after demise of my parents.

3) As per her parents she cannot take any responsibility apart from Job

4) She has the jealous nature and she is too proud of her job.

There are many other due to which I feel that we cannot stay together.

Please guide me on how shall I proceed on this matter.

Learning

5 Replies

V Kumar Singh (consultant)     07 February 2010

Dear,

I am facing same problem, My wife filed 498A against me, Be safe and collect evidence for you and your fsmily safety. These king of girls are greedy and do not have wish to be a family wife.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     07 February 2010

I am of the view that if there is incompatibility between husband and wife it is very difficult to continued with the marriage. But dont rush into anything, and first discusss the matter with your wife and go for Family Counselling. I have seen some marriage where there was absolute incompatibility but some how they dragged on and after years and years of struggling they are now living happily. In most of the marriage especially early marriage of the parties it is not a home but a battle field of the two titans: but as time goes by they get to know each other better and end up in happy family. Ofcourse thisis not the rule in every incompitable couples.But incompatibility is the worst disese in any marriage, but have patient and go for family counselling with your wife and hope she will realized her marital responsibilities in the near future, and if that failed take steps for other course available under the law.

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     07 February 2010

Arun sir, I can understand from your query that there is no understadning between your wife, yourself and your family members. But  these are not grounds for divorce under present laws. As Learned members have advised, you try having family counselling.

Arun (Team Lead)     07 February 2010

Thanks Prabhakar and Suchitra for your comments here..I truly appreciate these facts.

Marriage is a long term relationship whose foundation is laid on love ,trust ,caring and being understanding. I also know for the fact that all human being are not the same, infact I wanted to have the normal married life where girl should be able to understand if there is no balance in the work life relationship , that relationship will have lot of hurdles and few qualities of person like not paying attention to ur parents even when they are not well(which shows person is not caring), do not feel good about the children,not taking care of urself aggrevates this.

I know the facts mentioned here cannot be ground of divorce but these are facts which are killing me and I dont forsee that this nature of the person cannot be changed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register