Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sandy Goel   23 July 2015

Format for cancellation of poa signed with a builder

Dear Attorney,

I would appreciate if any attorney could help me here understand the process. 

Background:

We have a small land in Chennai which is in my brother's name. He gave general POA (power of attorney) to my builder to construct the appartment. But due to unforseen circumstances the builder is unable to construct the house. So now we want to terminate our contract and withdraw the power. Could you please let me know the procedure and what documents I would need to cancel the POA. I would appreciate if you could share any format for the document also.

Thanks

Sandy

Learning

2 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     26 July 2015

Hello!

Kindly share the copy of the agreement and POA executed with the Builder. Need tocheck the rights of the parties and the obligations and also the clauses for delay if any. Then only it would be appropriate to give formal legal opinion as to how to proceed in the matter and whats teps needs to be taken.

You may call on the below given number for legal assistance, if required.

Regards

Adv. Rohit Dalmia

Mumbai

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 July 2015

the power of attorney can be revoked by issuing a public notice as well as notice under registered post to the agent/builder with an intimation to the concerned registrar if the POA deed was registered.  However for more opinions, the details are to be known so that proper guidance can be given. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register