IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hursha (Director)     16 December 2009

Forgery of a Court Order

An individual claimed that a certain Addl. Chief Metropolitan Court issued a Court Order, without actually showing the order, but merely quoting some S.R No. On enquiries, it was found that there was no such court claimed by this individual and this was confirmed in writing by the High Court. Moreover, it was also confirmed, in writing, no order was issued with reference to the S.R.No that this man claimed.

Under what Sections of IPC/Cr.Pc can this individual be booked under law ?


 5 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     17 December 2009

Go through the chapter 18 of IPC, Section 466 to.............whatever is applicable in yor case.

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     17 December 2009



Misrepresentation or fraud but depends upon his version. but as u meniton that he has not mention this order in writing then it wil not prove anything.

Parveen Kr. Aggarwal (Advocate)     22 December 2009

May be under sections 177, 182, 187, 192, 193, 196, 199, 209 of the Indian Penal Code


His false statement in writing or oral (solemnly on oath) in a Court proceeding amounts to giving false evidence. You can file a petition u/s.340 Cr.P.C. for the offences punishable u/s.193, etc. in the Court where he gave false evidence. You will have to get a certified copy of the pleading where his false evidence was recorded (i.e., the false affidavit / oral evidence deposed).

Guru, Advocate, Chennai

9884933374 / 9444624121.

MOHANA SUNDARAM (Advocate High court Madras. M-9840908555)     25 December 2009

i agree with grover sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query