LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mukulika (Manager)     11 April 2015

Fnf issues

Hi, I have resigned from my present position on 8th April, and my last working day is 23rd April. However, due to year ending, my salary for the month of March has not yet been released, and now, I am informed that since I have already resigned, my salary for March is put on hold, and would come in full and final settlement. Please let me know if this is the correct process.

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 April 2015

The salary has to be paid on its fixed/due date/usual pay day.T

The employee can lodge a complaint the moment payment of earned wages is delayed even by a day and employer can be penalized by say Rs.7500/instance.

There is no law that due to year end closing payment of salary can be delayed and also that if employee has resigned salary of last month (Mar) can be withheld. Even April salary has to be paid by usual pay day.

The FnF payouts have to be paid on last day in office/within next 3 days or max. by usual pay day.

Since you have tendered notice of resignation employer has sufficient time to process FnF and complete all of its internal formalities and handover all payouts /relieving docs on last day in office.

You should submit a formal communication addressed to good offices of appointing authority/MD,under proper acknowledgment  narrating all representations for non payment of April salary and supply you the salary slip of April with April salary immediately and to supply the FnF payouts/all docs on last day in office. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register