IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dr. Anirudh K. Menon (Doctor)     15 July 2014

First class magistrate attestation

Respected experts

I request you to please guide me as to how to get a name-change affidavit attested by the First Class Magistrate. I have changed my name and I have the Notary Affidavit for the same, which was made at Mayo Hall, Bangalore. But in order to change my name in the Karnataka Medical Council, I'm asked for a Name-change Affidavit attested by the First Class Magistrate. I consulted a local lawyer in Shimoga, where I'm pursuing my post-graduation. He says I cannot get the First Class Magistrate attestation without supportive documents. By those documents, he meant the ones that are in support of date of birth. My SSLC marks card is in the old name. So he says its a complicated procedure that will take not less than 2 years.

I request you to clarify me whether I can get the First Class Magistrate attestation from Shimoga. Should I get another affidavit done or the Notary Affidavit would suffice? Can I get attestation from Shimoga's First Class Magistrate with the name-change affidavit from Bangalore (I mean, the Notary Affidavit was attested at Bangalore)? Should I approach the Deputy Commissioner of Shimoga District? Kindly help me with this hustle.

Thank you.


 5 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     15 July 2014

Follow 3 steps. 1.Affidavit:-Go to you local Notary and make an affidavit regarding change of your name. You have to mention therein your specific reason for changing your name.

2.Paper publication as follows:-

Sri ___________________ (old name) have changed my name from __________________ (old name) to ______________ (new name) by affidavit sworn before the Notary Public, ______________ (place) on ___________ (date). Henceforth, I shall be known as _________________ (New Name) for all purposes. ______________ (Name) and _______________ (Complete postal address). name.

3. Apply for gazette notification in Gazette department in your capital city with all required xerox copies, and govt. fee.

Dr. Anirudh K. Menon (Doctor)     16 July 2014

Sir I have the Notary Affidavit. But the Karnataka Medical Association wants the affidavit attested by the First Class Magistrate. How can I get it done?

Dr. Anirudh K. Menon (Doctor)     17 July 2014

If there are any lawyers here who have handled matters at the Karnataka Medical Council, I would like to seek help from you. Im asked for a First Class Magistrate attested document for name-change. Im doing my postgraduation in Shimoga. So I wish to seek help from lawyers practising in Bangalore who have taken up name-change procedures. Please contact me on 0-8861042184

Rangee (Lawyer)     17 July 2014


 The attestation by First Class Magistrate procedure is you should file duly enclosing proof/documents in the court by engaging advocate. It will take its own time. If Medical Council is willing accept attestation by District Magistrate/Deputy Commissioner the procedure very simple and it is simple revenue Inquiry it will take less time less cumbersome. pls check with Rules of Medical Council, they may accept attestation by DC Shimoga. Notary attestation in this case is not accepted by Medical Council since it involves change of name which has been carried without any court decree.


R S K Singh 

lily   30 January 2021

On the off chance that the Magistrate knows you, he'll do it without taking a gander at the firsts yet on the off chance that he doesn't have any acquaintance with you, he won't do it at all as it isn't his obligation however an extra optional force given by law.

blue leather jacket

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query