LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

swagath (md)     05 March 2012

Fir improving

can an FIR be improved later

eg. if x lodges a complaint at Police sstation and fir is done next day can the same x add some more points to the FIR by giving a further complaint and I/O can he ask for permission from the judge to add the allegations of the further complaint to the FIR

if yes under what CRPC

if no Y And any citations/judgemnts


 1 Replies

KNK A Learner (Learning to share)     11 March 2012

FIR Once submitted to the court cannot be changed, Judge wont give permission. FIR is First Information Report, if it changes how can it be First information, that would be Second Information, third information etc. So it cannot be changed once submitted to court.

But chargesheet can change, Police can file Additional charge sheet in addition to the previous Chargesheet., Once any document submitted to court it cannot alter, if it alter without the notice of court then its a forgery. What ever complaints or documents submitted to court they have a record daily basis, only additional documents can be given to the court for that particular case. Better refer courts Act.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register