Filed an rcr but wife's parents want withdrawal of it

IT Professional



I have posted my case / problem here:


and finally I got the summons (RCR) issued to my wife / in-laws on the 30th of May, 2013 after 3 months of patience and bearing all the mental truama that I have been going through. 


2 Weeks ago I went to my hometown and my uncle asked my father-in-law to have a face to face meeting but he said that he did not want me to be in the meeting. Obviously otherwise the Truth would come out. 


So, I thought that it was my battle and I went to her home and first I talked to them in a polite way and said that I was sorry if anything hurt them because of me and that I did not want to blame my wife or anybody and just wanted to have a new beginning  as it was a matter of family reputation for both the parties.

But my MIL being a rude and evil-minded woman threatened me and was calling Police and other relatives of hers and I suffered a lot there but I challenged her that she would have to sebd back my wife and I told my wife that no matter what she could not paly with my feeling and life and that she would have to be back to me.

Police did not come but the eldest brother of my father-in-law came there along with a cousin of my wife. They said they would make things alright and they were sorry for what had happened because of my MIL.

3 days ago my uncle called me and said that my father-in-law has gone very furious because of the notice and he wants me to withdraw it but is not assuing us as to when he would send back my wife. 

I have not yet decided if I should withdraw my petition. I am not going to do that because I know that my uncles and aunts are just in the habit of saying "aye" to whatever my in-laws say and allege. They do not socially force them to realize what "anarth" they are doing.

Please advivse me here. The notice says that the respondent must respond in written within 30 days of the summons being issued and the next date of hearing is 30th August. Still over 2 months to go. 


I am in New Delhi and my hometown is in Rajasthan where my family and my wife's family live. I filed the RCR here in New Delhi.








Read your query in full.

Your in-laws are at fault and in turn your wife too.

Don't ever withdraw RCR and succumb to pressure, that's the only straw you can hold on to, in case if you start drowning.


member and secretory

do not withdraw RCR now.let reconciliation happened.regards

IT Professional

Thanks to both of you for reconfirming my decision of not withdrawing the RCR.  


As a precautionary step, I talked to a local advocate from my hometown and he happened to be one of my relatives. I asked him to get me disowned by my parents but he is saying that there is no such need as my wife never lived with my parents. 


I have just talked to my father and my elder brother and told them to get me disowned. However, my sister suggests that this could damage the image of my father and our family that my father is disowning me because the society does not see "why so" it only sees "what is". 


Please advise. Should I go ahead with the disowning process? My father and elder brother are fine with this step as I have told them that my mother-in-law can take any step and my wife will simply blindly follow her and sign any document in the favour of her mother even if it means death to me.






member and secretory

no harm in taking umbrella when sky is cloudy of monsoon.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x