LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sankar P (supervisor)     23 June 2014

Fil force custody of my widow sister

Dear Sir/Madam,

on 21-6-2014 My sister Husband was Expired. he was taken to my sister's relative which is 100 Km far away from my sister's house & Funeral ceremony was done.  Since Last 1+ Year there is no contact of My Sister's relative & with my sister's family including her FIL & MIL both are situated near by 10 kms only.

on 21-6-2014 evening my sister's relatives quarrel with us for , they want my sister to keep with us in her village only. But My Sister runs a Garment in her residence which was given by us and also she have some property which also we given.

Now My sister likes to continue the garments & seeking our support to get rid off from her bad memories.

0n 25-6-2014 further to funeral ceremony there is one program to complete the works has to be planned.

1. We expect after we free my sister from them and restore in her activities as earlier.

She is having a four year baby girl.

Kindly advice me what to do in this matter whether i go to local Police station

Because i expect one big quarrel on 25-6-2014 from my Uncle's relatives.

2. is she compulsory stay in her FIL/MIL house?


Many Thanks,

Best Regards,


 3 Replies

Successfully fighting with 498 (MANAGER)     23 June 2014

Don’t involve police in family problems, try to resolve issue amicably.

Involvement of police will spoil your sister &her daughter carrier.

laxmi kant joshi (instructor)     23 June 2014

first of all i fell very sad on listening of the death of your jiju , shankar as you stated above your sister and her child is living with you and she is running her garment shop by your support form your residence and still you and she want to continue it even after her husband recently death , her relative had bring her to her in-laws house in assembling of this kind of sorrow and on the funeral of her husband its o.k. but after the funeral if there is any other such formalities is there in which the presence of her is compulsary being his wedded wife then she have to stay there on the ground of humanity basis and after that if she don't want to live there then it is total ly on her wish nobody can compel her or to force her against her wish , because she was living with you from more then one year and nobody takes pain to come for reconciliation from her in-laws /husband side , first try to findout amicable solution for her and child's better future with her inlaws if you think this is all in vain because there was a very bad experience with them and your sister don't want to live with them then refuse them that your sister will not join to her inlaws house , and if anyone do illegal force or threaten her you can make a police complaint against them .

sankar P (supervisor)     23 June 2014

Dear Shri Laxmi Kant  sir,

Thank your for your kind & Valuable information sir,

First I will try to solve smoothly by explain her current situation & she need refreshment for some time to get rid off from her bad memories.

Also i try to compromise if My sister's FIL & MIL relatives want to see or maintain good relation we are always welcome anytime, but not to treat her in the Mentality of Widow, Considering Humanity they also motivate her.

If my Suggestion Fails I can go to the Next Option ( Legally) ,


Many Thanks,

BEst Regards,


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query