Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

bharatiya (none)     22 November 2012

Festival charges issue in apartment society

Hello,

This is related to the "Festival charges"(charges imposed on all  the society residents for celebrating certain events/festivals in the residential complex ").

Apart from the regular maintenance charges, the commitee of the association of the residential complex society has imposed "festival charges". Those who do not wish OR do not participate in any manner in the festivals do not contribute the festival charges.

The commitee now rolls out a notice that paying the festival charges  is mandatory.

Requesting you to please let  me know

(1) can the "festival charges"be made mandatory by any law

(2) How do I retaliate this arrogant step of the committee of forcefully imposing some charges on the residents.

Thanking you all in advance.

Regards.

Learning

2 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     23 November 2012

See, if the flat owners and occupants will not pay the fee, it will be impossible for the RWA or Apartment Owners Association to carry on with welfare activities and services. Such charges are imposed by RWA by-laws to its members whose membership a member takes the moment he is in possesion of a flat / apartment in RWA run Societies.

bharatiya (none)     25 November 2012

Very true. But being a resident should  not be taken by the RWA as a slave to their decisions on mindless and unnecesary expense related decisions made in the name of "welfare activities".  I should be entitled to a choice whether I want to participate or not. I am a member of a separate club(as there is no club in the housing society that I reside in ). I always prefer to attending functions /events organised in the club as I have a better friendly circle there than in the housing complex.

We all book flats(please read HOME) primarily to have a peaceful atmosphere after a long day's work. Whether we are able to participate in the "welfare activities"or not is not considered while booking the flat. Same was the case with me.

I shall be highly obliged if I can get a legal point of view.

Thanking in advance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register