LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harsh (None)     07 January 2019

Father received summons

Respected Sir,

One of my friends cheque was bounced for certain amount. The friend is not with his father since last 8-10 Months and not known to his family that where he is. Cheque bounce summons was served to father, his father accepted that and told the police wala that he is not residing with us nor in their knowlede.

Last week the date of heraing for his case and I see that a next date of Hearing is given and under purpose of Hearing it is written as "Complainant evidence".

What does it mean ?  Does his father will have to  Defend the case or  responsible for payment now.

He was no where in Picture since the begning.






 5 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     08 January 2019

pl see the summons carefully. You will find the name of the Accused.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 January 2019

Only the drawer of the cheque (The person who issued the cheque) is responsible and they can not harass any one unless they have a common business interest with the drawer.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     08 January 2019

Evidence of complaint by an alleged victim is admissible under s 66(2) EvidenceAct 1995, where the complainant gives evidence. It is some evidence of the fact that the accused person assaulted the victim as alleged in the complaint. Theevidence can also be used to show consistency of conduct by the complainant.

Harsh (None)     08 January 2019

Thanks for the reply sir. If , The father is not in the knowledge that where is son his since last so many months and since no communication of the summons can be made to the son, can the court decide the case in favour of complainant ex- party . In this case there is no scope for accused to defend himself.

P. Venu (Advocate)     08 January 2019

It appears that you and your friend's father are not fully informed of the case or the proceedings. What is the case number? Which court?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register