LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kaushik pandya (owner)     19 February 2024

Farmer certificate (khedut kharai )in gujarat

I am a registered farmer in Rajkot,Gujarat.

I had applied for a Farmer Certificate at mamlatdar office which got rejected on reason that ,I need to prove that My Father was a Legal Agriculturist from the year 1951,My father became a farmer in the year 1967/68,being introduced by his blood brother who is a registered farmer,After getting the entry mutated in 1968,my father bought atleast 15 pieces/ parcels of agricultural land thru registered sale deed,and the lands were transferred in his name without any objection from any authorities or any other farmer neighbor,

Later my father expired in the year 1994,and all the agricultural land was transferred to his 2 sons without any objection and mutation entries were permitted accordingly,

Now I had become a farmer/agriculturist legally thru being legal heirs of my father,

From the year my father was registered as a farmer in the year 1968 till today there has never been any objection from any authorities about my father or my self being a farmer,

Even as on date I am a registered farmer with agricultural land in my name,

Even Sec.54 is not applicable as it is over 35/40 years for anybody to prove that my father was not a legal farmer,

Now the authorities/mamlatdar is refusing to issue a farmer certificate to me,saying my father was not a farmer since 1951,

I appeal to please guide on the subject,



 1 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     19 February 2024

You apply for the certificate in writing and get the reply rejecting your request in writing.

After that you can prefer an appeal against this decision before the district collector quoting the relevant law in this regard and seek his intervention and direction to the concerned officer to furnish the desired certificate.

If this effort also fails to fetch desired result, you may approach high court with a writ petition seeking relief.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register