LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

GANESHBABU R   22 April 2017

Family settlement deed query

I want to settle the two properties to my two sons, by settlement deed. I wish to know whether I have the option 1. to reverse during my / my wife's life time the settlement deed if desired. Is it legally tenable? 2. condition that settled properties shall not be disposed off during my / my wife's life time. Is it correct and legally tenable? Kindly guide.


 2 Replies

shrenik (lawyer)     23 April 2017

Add each son name in ur.property So that after u property automaticaly will.go to their name

GANESHBABU R   24 April 2017

Thank you so much, Shrenikji.

I wish to keep the settlement process in confidence.

I may please be informed whether the two situations that are 1. Reversal of Settlement by myself at a later date if desired and 2. Insertion of condition such as not to sell the property till our lifetime - are legally valid and doable.

Thanks once again.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads