LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sai ram (none)     26 October 2011

Family property dispute

Hi Iam sai from India. My family is of 4 members Mom ,dad ,elder sister (married) and me. Recently my elder sister got married and my dad gave dowry in the form of cash and gold. But now my sister husband is making her to put a legal case on my family to get the share of my sister. My dad has 2 properties, in that 1 property ( he earned on his own) and the 2nd property from my grand mother(his mom died 2 years ago). My mom having 2 more properties which is her own property (not from grand parents).  Still my sister did not file any case on us. So what my parents have to do to give whole property to me(son)?

Learning

6 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     26 October 2011

in your ancestral property your sister is right to claim her share.

ajay sethi (lawyer)     26 October 2011

as far as self acquired property of your father is concerned your father can by will bequeath the property to his wife ie your mother and you or only to you or your sister . he can also execute a registered gift deed if he so desires .

sai ram (none)     27 October 2011

1)Can my father sell the ancestral property and buy any other property? so it will come under his own acquired property? If selling is possible, when she file case on us?

2)Can my father transfer ANCESTRAL property to my name (son) and register on my name (son) with out my sister signature?

3)Can my father transfer ACQUIRED property to my name (son) and register on my name (son) with out my sister signature? so it will become my own property

ADVANCE THANKS FOR REPLYING!!!!!

Adv. K.S.A.Narasimha Rao (legalquestadvisor@gmail.com )     29 October 2011

Dear Sai Ram,

Any how the cash and Gold which your parents given her as dowry at the time of marriage never equals to the property to be given by your parents to you. so it will be better and morally good if your father gives her share in the ancesstral property so that it will not create any differences between the family members.

Try to keep good family relations, where India is well known for.

sai ram (none)     30 October 2011

Do u know abt my family? You know how much we gave as a dowry ? nd did u know how much the property will cost? Dont give moral suggestions. I know how to keep the relations. As a lawyer, If u want give me the answer for my questions. Sorry for putting my words in dis way. My stress makes me to talk this way. 

Adv. K.S.A.Narasimha Rao (legalquestadvisor@gmail.com )     30 October 2011

Dear Sai Ram,

I need not know about your family and how much dowry you people have given and please be cool not aggresive otherwise, it will spoil your good thoughts. 

Morally and legally she is entitled to get the share in your ancesstral property.

make good of your sister family and get a relinquishment Deed from her if possible with regard to her share otherise just make partition of your ancesstral properties.

I have suggestted with regard to morality, becoz it helps to change the mind of a person on one or the other day.If you try to fight for which u are not legally entitled, it is of waste time  if you have no other works and like to try for chance litigation go ahead with consultation of your local advocate.

All the best.

S.A.NARASIMHA RAO KARRI

ADVOCATE

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register