LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amar (Legal Associate)     09 April 2010

Family Law

honorable sir, my Girl Friend is 25 year old. She lost her father 3 years back. Her step mother is now the pension holder of her father. She is so cruel that in case of for any simple house hold need my GF has to fight for money. I know that pension, stipends are not transferable, because I am also last year LAW student. My question is that is there any provisions for an unmarried mature daughter, who can not live on her own? Please reply!

Learning

3 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     09 April 2010

It is the duty of the father to maintain his unmarried daughter till she gets married. As the girl's father is no more, I think she can fight for her maintenance money from the father's pension, legally.

S.N.RAJU (PA TO JUDGE)     10 April 2010

Hi Amar your friend is entitled to receive share in the family pension of her father, she has also same rights to receive share from the family pension as like her step mother. If her step mother refused to give some amount to her your friend would approach the concerned department authorities of her father. A female child is also entitled to receive family pension till her marriage. 

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     11 April 2010

Take steps as suggested by Mr. Raju.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register